real time web analytics
Report - - Bailey Mill (Early June 2015) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bailey Mill (Early June 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZoroLime

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It looks like ill be posting a lot today as i have found my missing SD card with all of my visits on! So in other words pre apologies for the flooding of the board haha. Anyway this explore was my first ever taking pictures from back in early June so i hope you enjoy and please feel free to leave me any constructive criticism.

Here is some information from a mixture of Wiki and Urban Degeneration:

"Bailey mill in Delph was built in 3 stages, starting in 1863 with later additions in 1865 and 1871 respectively. The mill was owned by the Mallalieu family who were in the textile business strating with cotton and later moving onto wool. The firm went into administration in 1996. They came out of administration when they were bought by another Delph weaving company, Gledhills. However, in doing so, most of the business was transferred to Valley Mill, just up the road. Bailey Mill remained in use until about January 2000. Since that time it has remained empty and its future is uncertain. The old Delph branch line (locally known as The Delph Donkey) once ran along the front of the mill with the last passenger train running on Saturday 30 April 1955. The old track bed is now a popular recreational route to Dobcross and Uppermill. Although the railway infrastructure has mostly been removed, the architecture of the bridges, walls and buttresses remains."

Our visit:

I had been to this mill several times in the past but decided to take a couple of friends because some of them hadn't been in before. This trip consisted of me, TechyTadpole and the two non members who are pretty much with us on all the explores but anyway getting into it. We arrived in the evening around 6 o'clock meaning it was light the whole time we where there which really, really didn't help with the darkness of the basement... We were all a bit nervy about entering into the pitch black room but after a mothers meeting of who's going in first i took the lead and they soon followed. Looking back i really should have wore some form of dust mask or respirator as the air was thick as hell in there and i would recommend it to anyone who goes in. Unfortunately there was no machinery like on previous reports :( and a lot of the other cool features have been removed but we cracked on anyway travelling all the way up to the top floors taking some pretty cool shots along the way ,until we fashioned our way to the bridge that connects the two main buildings. This bridge was a death trap but with some careful stepping can be easily crossed into pigeon heaven. By far the best location for an epic picture is in the smaller main building where a chair sits perfectly in the light of the outside ill post the edit of this image last as the image was pretty shaky without a tripod. Still a lovely explore which i would gladly do again.

Here are my unedited shots from the visit:

Image00001.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Image00011.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg