Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Bank of England, Bristol. | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Bank of England, Bristol.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Streetview: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=5...d=HyQITMdaP3Gkqm4FfQriuw&cbp=11,103.76,,2,2.8

To the South is the courtroom, to the North is some other bank vault, Lloyds maybe... https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=5...-rXuivsS9Bs-IP7sMdg13g&cbp=12,138.06,,1,-3.49

Here's a quick view of the inside, for what it's worth...

bankmontage.jpg

No clues given as to what's under the glass-tiled dome...

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=51.45483,-2.592142&spn=0.000298,0.000597&gl=uk&t=h&z=21

Again, it's a prominent abandoned site in Bristol that doesn't appear to be properly documented.

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Me, DHL and a couple of others had a crack at getting in here a couple of years back (This is the one with an abandoned looking church on it's premises right?)

Here's hoping it's more doable by now

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User
I have tried this a few times, last time was a few months ago and still to no avail, can't seem to have any luck.
I know a few of you guys had some luck with the underground vault the other week, wouldn't mind having a mooch down there myself!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I have tried this a few times, last time was a few months ago and still to no avail, can't seem to have any luck.
I know a few of you guys had some luck with the underground vault the other week, wouldn't mind having a mooch down there myself!
Door was open, but honestly there wasn't a thing down there. Some signage would indicate it's occasionally open to the public.

spungletrumpet

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to pass this place every day when it was open. The big shutter doors usually had a security van or two parked in them.
The vaults there are certainly huge, but so far have proved a bit of a bitch to get anywhere near.

Ordnance

The Former Bank of England (grid reference ST592733) is a historic building at 13/14 Broad Street in Bristol, England.

It was built in 1844-47 by Charles Robert Cockerell with a Doric pseudo-portico of three bays recessed between low pavilions: the attic storey is arcaded with a triangular pediment .

It has been designated by English Heritage as a grade I listed building.

Part of the building is reported to be used by the Bristol Citizens Advice Bureau

http://www.bristolcab.org.uk/

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The Former Bank of England (grid reference ST592733) is a historic building at 13/14 Broad Street in Bristol, England.

It was built in 1844-47 by Charles Robert Cockerell with a Doric pseudo-portico of three bays recessed between low pavilions: the attic storey is arcaded with a triangular pediment .

It has been designated by English Heritage as a grade I listed building.

Part of the building is reported to be used by the Bristol Citizens Advice Bureau

http://www.bristolcab.org.uk/
Wrong place mate, this is the location you're talking about, just up the road... http://goo.gl/maps/evMW

lfieaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i know how to get in, kinda, if you go round the back, to the cherch, you hop over the razor wier, then youron the lower roof out of the publics eye, now this is where the kinda bit comes in to play, you need a hack saw, theres bars through a broken skylight, you need to lower your self down (with rope?) as theres a bit of a drop, or you hack saw through the bars on he windows, but then the bulding would be open to drugies, theres not much lighting but the place is quite safe, water tight(ish), ive been looking at this place for 3 years, could i come with you guys on this one?

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
you need a hack saw, theres bars through a broken skylight, you need to lower your self down (with rope?) as theres a bit of a drop, or you hack saw through the bars on he windows,

FOR FUCKS SAKE!

You brainless twat - do you not know the difference between 'exploring' and 'breaking and entering'?? :mad:

could i come with you guys on this one?
I doubt anyone on here will want to associate with you at all, let alone take you exploring :banghead -

I see you have discussed breaking-in in other (now deleted) posts - this probably isn't the forum for you mate - there must be a burglary forum out there you could join :rolleyes:

STeALtH2k12

Too old to grow up now!
28DL Full Member
i know how to get in, kinda, if you go round the back, to the cherch, you hop over the razor wier, then youron the lower roof out of the publics eye, now this is where the kinda bit comes in to play, you need a hack saw, theres bars through a broken skylight, you need to lower your self down (with rope?) as theres a bit of a drop, or you hack saw through the bars on he windows, but then the bulding would be open to drugies, theres not much lighting but the place is quite safe, water tight(ish), ive been looking at this place for 3 years, could i come with you guys on this one?
Is that how you 'kinda' break in to your local off licence for your alchopops :gay

Wow def wouldn't want the druggies in there when there are complete tools like you breaking in would we? :crazy :wanker

S

davey boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you hop over the razor wier, then youron the lower roof out of the publics eye, now this is where the kinda bit comes in to play, you need a hack saw, theres bars through a broken skylight, you need to lower your self down (with rope?) as theres a bit of a drop, or you hack saw through the bars on he windows

we robbing the bank or exploring it :banghead..
can i come too i have an air hacksaw if anyone has a small compressor ?/