real time web analytics
Bargain Powerful Headtorch ! £10 | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Bargain Powerful Headtorch ! £10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DampGambit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
haha yeah don't ever trust lumen counts online, but this thing is still almost light up a field powerful.

DrGonzo

Hello Officer
28DL Full Member
Still worth a tenner though. I Always think those "ultrafire" batteries are going to explode when they get warm.

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A while back i was looking at those headlamps on Amazon, there was some pictures in the reviews bit showing where one had exploded while charging :eek: maybe a one off but it put me off buying one.

DampGambit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I have had one for almost a couple of years now and have charged it more times than I can count, and never had a single problem, never even gets warm. This seems like a better bet and its supplied by amazon so you will always get guaranteed full refund return if anything does happen. I think that the ones that may be prone to problems are ones that you encounter that have been copied by a different company, or chopped together from spare parts; i would avoid buying those also.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K14VC7U/?tag=networkmechan-21

DrGonzo

Hello Officer
28DL Full Member
Because Li-Ions can suffer from thermal runaway and the cheap batteries lack the built in safety features of the more expensive ones....

DampGambit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You are correct, I believe I bought my batteries separately from my head torch and they were not cheap If I recall. I do think even if you bought the head lamp and threw out the batteries for some separate ones, the rig itself is very much worth the price.

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You are correct, I believe I bought my batteries separately from my head torch and they were not cheap If I recall. I do think even if you bought the head lamp and threw out the batteries for some separate ones, the rig itself is very much worth the price.

Why don"t you just stick a report up & show us all how good the potential "Headbanger";) is for underground stuff. i"m sure people would be interested in actually seeing the output/results from this, especially as most people on here seem to resent spending more than a Fiver on lighting at the best of times :D

The general concensus with Lithium iron batteries for Torches is to avoid anything with the word "Fire" in the name as there are thousands of posts online about these (mostly) ex Laptop batteries (or worse) going Pop at the very least :eek:

There"s a reason why button top protected cells are the price they are (unfortunately) My 4 Nitecore 3400mah cost me @£80 which were the highest output available at the time ......apart from :turdFires which were available in 5000mah for @£20

Obviously i feel short changed by Nitecore ;)

If you"re serious about going underground spend the money for decent gear and then spend it again on back-ups just in case. If you"re just Derping I"d still avoid :turdFires

Last edited:

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've got one of them, brighter than my lenser p7.2 but battery life of about an hour and a half if you use the single light in the middle non-stop
Not bad for the price but, like people have said, you've got to watch the batteries don't explode

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
I like to have a less bright torch on my head, and an uberbright one in my hand. maybe thats just me but Im sure those I explore with appreciate me not blinding them when I turn to talk to them.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details