real time web analytics
Report - - Barking Powerstation Control - East London - April/May 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barking Powerstation Control - East London - April/May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Explore:

probably around the fifth time ive done this place, ive been frequenting them both since 2007, back then im not even sure if there was a report that far back?

visited with pals, first attempt failed due to a van being on the site, we waited a bit they moved on we was in...

The History:

Wiki:

Barking A power station
Prior to the construction of Barking A Power Station, Barking Town Urban District Council operated its own small power station near its offices from 1897 until its closure in 1927.[1] In 1920, the County of London Electric Supply Company applied for permission to build a power station at Creekmouth in Barking capable of expansion to 600 MW.[2] The Barking A Station had 8 C.A. Parsons turbo-generators (4 x 40 MW and 4 X 20 MW) and 22 boilers, plus 2 dedicated reheat boilers. These were in two boiler houses, one being all chain grate boilers (6 B&W and 6 Yarrow) and the other being all pulverised fuel boilers (I.C.L.). Barking Power Station opened in 1925, and in 1927 it took over from the Barking Town Urban District Council station, providing a bulk electricity supply.[1] When completed, the A station was the largest power station in Britain to have been built as a complete station at one time. The Yarrow boilers were scrapped in the early 1950s, their capacity being replaced by steam from the B station via a steam line and suitable regulating equipment. The pulverised fuel boilers were converted to oil firing around 1964.

The site of THE POWER station was chosen for easy delivery of coal from the Thames and by rail, as well as the abundant water supply and space on the site for expansion.[1] A cable tunnel was constructed under the river to supply the south bank with electricity.[3]

Barking B power station

Barking's original A station was extended by the building of the B station, which began to operate at full capacity in 1939. The capacity of the B Station was 303 MW with 4 x 75 MW B.T.H. turbo-generators plus a small house generator of 3.5 MW capacity. Steam conditions were 600 psig and 800'F. The B Station had 16 B&W chain grate boilers, each capable of producing 256,000 lbs steam per hour. These were arranged in two boiler houses, with 8 boilers in each. THE POWER station was transferred to the London Division of the British Electricity Authority in 1948.[1] The B station closed on 15 March 1976, at which time its generating capacity was 144 megawatts.[4]

Barking C power station

The British Electricity Authority built a third station at Creekmouth, which was completed in 1954. The station was closed on 26 October 1981, at which time its generating capacity was 220 MW.[4] All three stations have since been demolished. The C Station had three B.T.H. 75 MW turbo-generators operating with steam conditions of 900 psig and 900'F. There were 6 B&W boilers, 5 being pulverised fuel and the sixth a cyclone furnace. The pulverised fuel boilers were converted to oil firing around 1960.

The Photos:

CNUyCVL.jpg

SbiVFN9.jpg

yl7jbZE.jpg

d6dVoPk.jpg

99pHHAd.jpg

Yyo54W0.jpg

3nAMoIg.jpg

ydhA2Jd.jpg

59lQbuG.jpg

dLKjVd5.jpg

olbbhVT.jpg

YqN7ZiV.jpg

t0KsEsC.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ekto.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well you"ve certainly been a busy boy today ;)

I was expecting more Station related stuff than random objects though ? and not a single pic in landscape mode

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
tbh, there is some stuff in there but its all been uploaded before you know been seen many times, this is some of the other stuff in there :)

im allergic to landscape, was talking about this the other day lol

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
like the report , nice piks but would like to see a bit more of the power station maybe an outside shot of how it looks cheers:thumb

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you should have gone in the building next door, thats where the control room is...but well done for getting into this one

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Yeh. This was the main power station control. The little one was just for the 33kv sub. It's a shame the control panels don't survive. I have a photo of it in a book before they were removed and it looked amazing. Il have to dig it out.

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ive done of them both quite a few times, the other side is great for the dials etc its my local spot tbh its last resort if its raining or we have car issues! :)

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Lovely set of photos.

I was expecting more Station related stuff than random objects though ? and not a single pic in landscape mode

I know you're giving constructive criticism, and that you have good intentions, but you really don't need to leave comments like that in every post

Junction_Derp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ive done of them both quite a few times, the other side is great for the dials etc its my local spot tbh its last resort if its raining or we have car issues! :)
maybe you should learn to drive and not rely on others cars :wanker

I'll try and sit down and edit some of my shots today, the basement was boring but I think it's the one bit of this building I have over you!

Nice report but it really looks a lot like an old house.

It seems that it was at one point. There's a room which has a bed and lots of personal effects in...

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
maybe you should learn to drive and not rely on others cars :wanker

I'll try and sit down and edit some of my shots today, the basement was boring but I think it's the one bit of this building I have over you!

It seems that it was at one point. There's a room which has a bed and lots of personal effects in...

ahh your fucking on here... nice name shitter ;)