real time web analytics
Report - - Barley Brook, Wigan - March 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barley Brook, Wigan - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Barley Brook, Wigan

Explored with Kenni and Viraleye

Information on this one seems very scarce, so all I can say is its a culverted section of Barley brook in Wigan! The arched entrance was really steamy making photos difficult and is just about big enough to stand in, but very shortly reduces in height before changing to a very stoopy and slippery round brick pipe which forms the majority of this drain. The end of the drain is blocked by a sump just short of the outfall, I'm not sure if this is what we hit but stoopy suddenly dropped to what would have to be a belly crawl to get through so its as far as we could go.

Unfortunately the battery died in my camera so the last two shots are bobbins phone snaps :(

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
haha! yeh, this has been on the 'to do' list for too long! :D I could only see maybe 15-20 feet under the low bit and couldn't tell if it was the sump or not :(

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
haha! yeh, this has been on the 'to do' list for too long! :D I could only see maybe 15-20 feet under the low bit and couldn't tell if it was the sump or not :(

What no crawl through, best go back and do a proper job, I reckon the other two will be reet for Tues night :D