real time web analytics
Report - - Barnes Convalescent Hospital/Cheadle Royal Nurses 16/04/07 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barnes Convalescent Hospital/Cheadle Royal Nurses 16/04/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

C

cass

Took a day out with romanian1 and userscott, we did three sites, these two and
Cheadle Bleachworks (which I will post in Industrial). I know the report is a little delayed but I have been waiting to be able to develop the photo's.

Barnes Convalescent Hospital
Access was easy, pretty much just squeezed through a gap in the fence and made a mad dash for the doors. The building itself is an impressive site however I was disappointed with the interiors. We were obviously a bit late and the place had been gutted.

Only a few photo's as I haven't finished developing, but these are my favourites.

Straight in and up the stairs, loved the way the light was spilling in through the massive windows:
barnes_stair.png

Headed for the Clocktower, as it seemed the most interesting destination. Was harder to find than expected however. Me and userscott climbed up, a little worrying as the ladder is coming away from the wall and to get to the top 'floor' required balancing up a strange ladder-type thing and plunging our hands into 4 inches of pigeon droppings.
barnes_clock.png

Looking up from the top floor of the clocktower. There were carefully placed ladders to the very top, but we didn't dare. I wonder which daring group from here made it up there ;)
barnes_clockup.png

I was hoping to see a mortuary slab but we didn't manage to find it.

Cheadle Royal Nurses Home

Very much burnt out and destroyed - I didn't find this building particularly captivating. Didn't take many pictures in there either as my film ran out. However, I do have one I will add later, but adding this bit in so romanian1 can stick his pics up.

R

romanian1

Re: Report: Barnes Convalescent Hospital/Cheadle Royal Nurses 16/04/07

It was nice to finally strike this place off the list with it being so close to home even if i didnt make it up the tower myself.
One of the better remaining features
DSCF2211.jpg

Scott up what i assume was the belltower
DSCF2215.jpg

Main corridor
DSCF2226.jpg

DSCF2231.jpg

DSCF2236.jpg

R

romanian1

Re: Report: Barnes Convalescent Hospital/Cheadle Royal Nurses 16/04/07

Moving onto the nurses home and mostly moodily lit dark stuff here, the lighting in here with the sun streaming through open windows and the metal boards was really nice.

DSCF2265.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

DSCF2271.jpg

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2256.jpg