Web
Analytics
Report - - Baron Hill Mansion, Beaumaris October 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Baron Hill Mansion, Beaumaris October 2018

Chloe5427

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Baron mansion and estate housed military personal, but was abandoned after the war because money ran out due to "death duties". After fires and many years of abandonment its only the shell of the mansion left.
After a 10 minute hike through the dense forest we made it to Baron Hill mansion, Love some of the stonework here and the greenery taking over adds a really cool vibe, definitely worth a visit. I loved the explore into the grounds looking for the viewing platform.

IMG-20181024-WA0036[1].jpg

IMG-20181024-WA0025[1].jpg

IMG-20181024-WA0038.jpg

IMG-20181024-WA0042.jpg

20181023_165730[1].jpg

LowriLlew

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was here the other day and finally found the colonnade. Previous few times I've hopped a wall further down the main road - didn't realise I was missing loads of cool stuff. Did you see the pets' gravestone? Can't find it to save my life!

Last edited:

The Kwan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I love this place, always reminded me of king louis place in the jungle book :)
I thought it would be apartments by now because it had planning permission.

Your 3rd image kinda reminds me of king Edward VII visit to Baron hill in 1907

235827-1323790172.jpg

The Kwan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I wouldnt have thought being too dense would deter the developers, more likely difficult or expensive access from the main road or connection to services a bit like it was at poole parc. Iam kinda glad to hear that :)

Last edited:

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Looking at my photos and notes from 2009/2010, I think it may have been due to the presence of 6 different species of bats roosting in the wine cellar and surrounding trees.

IMG_5748.JPG

LowriLlew

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looking at my photos and notes from 2009/2010, I think it may have been due to the presence of 6 different species of bats roosting in the wine cellar and surrounding trees.

Any chance you remember wherabouts the wine cellar is? Been 3 or 4 times now but have never come across it. Would love to see the bats!

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Yeah, I remember. No offence, but probably better for the bats if I don’t share their exact roosts with unknown people on a public forum.

Go and sit in the woods around the building at dusk or dawn and you’ll see and hear bats coming and going, it's truly breathtaking!

VC1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone been here recently? Think of heading over the back end of October.