real time web analytics
Report - - Barpro Group Ltd, Bromsgrove, January 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barpro Group Ltd, Bromsgrove, January 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Had my eye on this a while and was tad dissapointed when I finally got to do it. I read it's to be developed for a new DIY centre. The trees around the perimeter have been cut back since my last recce and theres a core drilling machinery on there so I'm guessing it's a step closer to being built.

Sadly no sign of Mr Fox head since my last visit.

5772223822_69a226e654_t.jpg

Barpro was set up by director Chris Spears' grandfather Ernest Spears and father Alfred Spears, and has been based in Bromsgrove since the 1940s, and on the Sherwood Road site since the early 1960s.

The company played its part in the war effort, making parts for the Spitfire aircraft. At its peak Barpro, which manufactured components predominantly for the automotive industry, employed 150 people.

Manufacturing ceased in 2003, and Barpo is currently in the process of winding down. Only the derelict factory remains on the main site.

New DIY store to help Bromsgrove's regeneration

Barpofrontage.jpg

exteriorrear.jpg

reception.jpg

factoryfloor.jpg

factoryfloor2.jpg

factoryfloor3.jpg

weighmachine.jpg

spindlespeed.jpg

winch.jpg

rollershutter.jpg

oilstation.jpg

luboilcloseup.jpg

extinguishers.jpg

doorway.jpg

After Barpro group Ltd closed the place became a Carrera computers for a short while. Obsolete desktops and smashe CRT monitors litter the place.

oldcomputers.jpg

derelictdesktops.jpg

First aid room
Firstaidroom.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

medicalbits.jpg

corridoor.jpg

bathroom.jpg

offices.jpg

properganda.jpg

office.jpg

factoryshopposter.jpg