real time web analytics
Report - - Barrats dye works Macclesfield 0614 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barrats dye works Macclesfield 0614

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can find very little history on this place - apart from it's opening in 1924, pioneering silk screen material printing, storage for carpet tiles and some scrotes lighting it up in 2004!
I worked just off the Silk Road for six years and spent most of that time vowing to investigate the place, it is visible from the main road and it had caught my attention.
After two other possible sites proved impossible, I decided to try and scrub this one off my wish list. It's only taken seven years so it was that bit more satisfying! What I didn't realise was just how big it is, I spent two hours finding more and more little cubby holes before leaving. I saw some other reports and it's amazing just how much it has overgrown and how trashed it is!
Feel free to post some facts as I can find diddly!
Update! I passed it recently to discover complete demolition, I had tried access a couple of years back to only fail. At least I got there when I did.
Enjoy!
_DSC2928b.jpg
_DSC2931b.jpg
_DSC2934b.jpg
_DSC2981b.jpg
_DSC2987b.jpg
_DSC2995b.jpg
_DSC2996b.jpg
_DSC3009b.jpg
_DSC3013b.jpg
_DSC3015b.jpg
_DSC3019b.jpg
_DSC3030b.jpg
_DSC3034b.jpg
_DSC3045b.jpg
_DSC3048b.jpg
_DSC3055b.jpg
_DSC3065b.jpg
_DSC3072b.jpg
_DSC3085b.jpg
_DSC3086b.jpg
_DSC3102b.jpg

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, its demolished now, started it a few months back... Not sure what they are doing with it now though, they have been trying to build a retail park there and its been refused a good few times now... dont know why as most people in Macclesfield are crying out for it!

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember when this was on fire. Was a storage for Arighi Bianchi, also a carpet place in Macclesfield. Is all gone now. I recon they will build houses on it as Tesco has pulled out a few times now to build a retail place on the site.

Mondeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, its demolished now, started it a few months back... Not sure what they are doing with it now though, they have been trying to build a retail park there and its been refused a good few times now... dont know why as most people in Macclesfield are crying out for it!

Current plans are 4 retail units a fast food place and a drive thru coffee shop,

However, they are not touching the centiform building on the same site, which has also been empty since I can remember,

M.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Current plans are 4 retail units a fast food place and a drive thru coffee shop,

However, they are not touching the centiform building on the same site, which has also been empty since I can remember,

M.
Hope it happens sooner rather than later and that fast food HAS to be a KFC haha :)