real time web analytics
Report - - Barrow Gurney Mental Hospital Aug 2011 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barrow Gurney Mental Hospital Aug 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Treadstone

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Mookster has said most of of what there is to be said about our visit. Suffice to say we'd done dawn at Greenham common which took a fair bit of planning, and we pointed to car at Bristol. We had more than one site in mind, we had unfinished business at the Elizabeth Shaw factory which will remain unfinished, and another lead which wasn't practical, so on to Barrow Gurney with no plan at all. "Let's try about.. there " pointing to a smart phone screen - led us straight in...
I can't add anything on the history front so some pictures - I'm in a bit of an artsy-fartsy black and white mood at the moment. Sorry to those whose boat remains streadfastly unfloated by that.

Barrow-Small.jpg

OK first a view of the site as it was. This is from the south looking North. The row of buildings along the bottom and the boilerhouse on the left are no more. The buildings towards the top are still standing but have the tiles removed from their roofs

BG-49619-21Small.jpg

BG-49613-5Small.jpg

Two views of the same corridor from different ends. Yes the kiddie Pedal car in the ruins is a bit of cliche.

BG-49576-8Small.jpg

BG-49570-2Small.jpg

BG-49567-9Small.jpg

OK. Corridor; check. Peeling paint. Check. Lens zoomed to stupidly wide position. Check. Prepare for split tone B&W
Bg-49543Small.jpg

Treadstones first law. There's always a lonley chair
Bg-49601small.jpg

I love boards like this....
BG-49608Small.jpg

BG-49624Small.jpg

And this ... seems like we weren't first here.
BG-49611Small.jpg

Treadstones second law. There's always a fire extinguisher
BG-49526-31Small.jpg

Bg-49539Small.jpg

BG-49562-4small.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details