real time web analytics
Report - - Basement of the Former Bristol Magistrates Court - September 2013 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Basement of the Former Bristol Magistrates Court - September 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

END-PROC

Delta Infiltration
28DL Full Member
Visited with whodareswins!

This is sort of a follow up report to one I did over a year ago. HERE

P1020371.jpg

The Basement

One thing that has always fascinated me about this place has been large labyrinth of a basement. However, due to flooding in the lower level basement, I never got to see all of it .. until now anyway! :)

Since demolition work has started on this magnificent building, they have been draining the lower basement. There was still about 1-2 feet of water but it was no way no way near as bad as it was!

Not wanting to get our feet wet, we made our way through a hole that had been knocked through the wall in the old archive room and there it was, the basement we never saw! It was a large machinery room with massive air circulation units, air ducts and a big electrical switch board. Over the other end was a door that led us to corridor with a leaking water mains pipe, an office, a hatch going down into the sewer system and a stairwell going up to a fire door to the outside.. I still haven’t figured out where exactly though.

P1020393.jpg
P1020392.jpg

P1020391.jpg

P1020401.jpg

P1020386.jpg

P1020396.jpg

P1020406.jpg

It was great to finally see this before the building gets demolished. I'm really going to miss this place! :(

Thanks for looking!​