real time web analytics
Report - - Basingstoke FC - Camrose Stadium June 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Basingstoke FC - Camrose Stadium June 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Cells001

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi All! This is my First go at a report so sorry if some things are up to standard, I will hopefully get better at these as I post more, Im saving up for a camera at the moment so I have shot these on a iPhone, so sorry for the crap quality of pictures. Anyway, here goes nothing I guess:

History
Basingstoke Town FC (est 1896) are a football club that sit in Isthmian League, south division. In 1945 Lord Camrose offered them a new site, initially known as Winchester road and consisted of nothing much, just some grass banks a small wooden stand with some terracing. The First match played at this ground was december 1st, 1945 vs Southampton police. The Ground Devloped over the years and made small but gradual improvements to bring this ground more to life. In 1969 a clubhouse was built and a new main stand was also built in 1970, with terraces and floodlights also being installed gradually overe the near future, with improvements to the stand also being added to in due course. The Record attendance for Camrose stadium was set in 1997 for a match against FA Cup winners, Wycombe Wanderers with the attendance being 5,085 on match day.
The Camrose was also known as the "Soccer AM stadium" in the 2014-15 due to the clubs sponsorship with the sky sports show. Comedian Rusel Howard has also made appearances at this club playing at this ground several times. In 2019 The club were forced to relocate to Winchester city's ground as the former chairman attempted to sell the ground, however this fell through. Basingstoke FC in 2020 did return to Basingstoke in 2020 to the newer upgraded FA Winkleberry Complex leaving fans with a bitter taste and a petition to save the club being started.

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg
IMG_4116.jpg
IMG_4118.jpg
IMG_4120.jpg
IMG_4121.jpg
IMG_4125.jpg
IMG_4126.jpg
IMG_4127.jpg
IMG_4128.jpg
IMG_4131.jpg
IMG_4133.jpg
IMG_4134.jpg
IMG_4135.jpg
IMG_4136.jpg
IMG_4137.jpg
IMG_4138.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg
IMG_4140.jpg
IMG_4141.jpg
IMG_4142.jpg
IMG_4143.jpg
IMG_4144.jpg
IMG_4145.jpg
IMG_4146.jpg
IMG_4147.jpg

The Explore:
Access to the ground was surprisingly easy, however there was obvious signs in which an attempt was made to stop people entering, this was for good reason. Unfortunately the beloved Camrose ground has been graffiti and vandalised and on my visit had some young teenagers throwing things from the stands to the ground below, they did leave shortly after I stated taking photos of the ground. There was access to a lot of the ground including the changing rooms and treatment rooms, however I could not find any access points to the clubhouse upon my visit. This was a lovely little spot, I wish that I could've got here before it was trashed as it seems that the locals do care about this ground and its sad to see a quiet little ground go to ruin.
Thanks For Reading and checking out my 1st report :D

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice 1st report. Yep just stick mth & yr in title bar, before 9pm tonight. As we only get 24 hrs to edit. Well done & welcome to 28DL. Nice photos, spot on format :thumb

Discover.re

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was having a good wander until I triggered a motion sensor alarm at the bottom of the main stand- not sure if linked up to any security, didn't wait around to find out.

Who has read this thread (Total: 263) View details