real time web analytics
Report - - Bass Malting's Sleaford 06/2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bass Malting's Sleaford 06/2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bass Malting's Sleaford is situated in Lincolnshire visited with oldskool on our four day road trip, Thank you very much to J4M35 for the relevant information saved us a lot of time.It's hard to get a scale of just how big this place is off report's on this site i was amazed at the sheer size and beauty of this building it's only by the design it self that it didn't burn down in the arson attacks, anyone who has visited will know that the tower is stunning to say the least and i found the rest of the mill just as impressive there are so many original features it was well worth the 4am start, i would love to stayed longer here but time was pressing on and we had other site's to visit but i would love another visit some day well and truly recommended.
HISTORY IN BREIF
Construction started on the mill in 1901 and the first malt's were produced in 1906 and was fully operational the following year with the capacity to produce 60,000 quarter's of malt per season, production continued throughout the first half of the 20th century but by the end of the second world war had declined to such an extent that some buildings became redundant, by 1959 the production of malt finally ended due to the sheer cost and out dated process, the mill has been used for storage and chicken rearing but now lies cold and empty but not forgotten, it covers an area of 13 acres and 500,00 Sq Ft floor space and is of grade II listing
a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg
e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg
l.jpg