real time web analytics
Report - - Bass Maltings, Sleaford, March 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bass Maltings, Sleaford, March 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Silky29

28DL Member
28DL Member
After thinking about it for quite a long while I decided to take up urban exploration. I was inspired to do so by some images that a friend took in an old Lunatic Asylum last year.

Over the past few weeks I have been frequenting sites such as “28 days laterâ€￾ and “Silent UKâ€￾. I found these sites are really handy as using the regional forums you are able to glean information into many already explored locations in your area (This makes it easier if you are just a beginner like me).

A site that is relatively local to me is the Old Bass Malting’s in Sleaford. It is a fascinating and huge complex that dominates the skyline for miles around and I have not seen anything else like it in the UK. You can look into the history of it here, but sure many of you will have been there or seen similar threads before:

English Industrial Sites - Sleaford 'Bass' Maltings

Arrived there in the dark, so was wondering around by torchlight for a little bit. Spent around 90 minutes inside the buildings, then another 30 minutes ducking behind corners outside waiting for the GRB Security guards to leave. They finally did around 08:45am

000LookingintothePastBassMaltings1of1_zps645a4b7a.jpg
[/IMG].

000OntheFlyBassMaltings1of1_zpsb6dc18f0.jpg

000SpiralBassMaltings1of1_zps87d91a3c.jpg

000WaterTowerBaseBassMaltings1of1_zpsefca54a3.jpg

000ThoseStairsBassMaltings1of1_zps7c104146.jpg

000TheShitWeGoThroughBassMaltings1of1_zps37e7e119.jpg

All for now. Silky29

Last edited:

Bradley Hollingworth

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Silky29 I live in Sleaford and would love to use your photos in my house. Is there somewhere I can download the files so I can print them?

Thanks

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:

Silky29

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Bradley,

Let me know your email and what images you are interested in and I'll get them to you.

Silky29

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details