real time web analytics
Report - - Battersea B & C Thames Tunnels, London - October 2020 | Underground Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Battersea B & C Thames Tunnels, London - October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone have an exact location for where that shaft now comes up on the new Battersea site. A pin I had turned out to be in the underground carpark of some new flats to the west of the railway, but that might be wrong. Just interested to see what it looks like now.

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone have an exact location for where that shaft now comes up on the new Battersea site. A pin I had turned out to be in the underground carpark of some new flats to the west of the railway, but that might be wrong. Just interested to see what it looks like now.
Hey man, PM me

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Surprising they aren't flooded if running under the river but they look very solidly constructed, which they would need to be if they run through the London clay.

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Surprising they aren't flooded if running under the river but they look very solidly constructed, which they would need to be if they run through the London clay.
Absolutely mate, well, there is a tidemark which indicates it does flood occasionally. Although it is one hell of a sturdy tunnel I must say

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely mate, well, there is a tidemark which indicates it does flood occasionally. Although it is one hell of a sturdy tunnel I must say
I think those Royal Mail tunnels are constructed the same way, someone did a report on them a few years back.

GG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The tunnels run downhill to the vertical shafts, where there are sump pumps. Regularly serviced and instepcted.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That would explain it, I had the impression they were completely derelict though they're probably too useful for possible uses in the future to abandon completely.

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That would explain it, I had the impression they were completely derelict though they're probably too useful for possible uses in the future to abandon completely.
Yeh precisely, something of an upkeep is definitely needed

Who has read this thread (Total: 597) View details