real time web analytics
Report - - Battersea Power Station, a hell of a day out! | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Battersea Power Station, a hell of a day out!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Well what can I say...

Many thanks to OT, Squirrel and Alias for making this happen.

My last trip to Battersea had been a massive 9 hour tour of the 'B' side, and that was cut short by an epic run away from security! As amazing as it, and the pictures were, it was hard in the darkness to see the detail, let alone phtotgraph it. Battersea in the daylight is a whole different animal. The thing that blew me away the most is how fucked it is... and that is the correct word to use! Years of ripping the buildings heart out, and then leaving it's steelwork out in the elements has left it little more than a ruin. It is going to cost hundreds of millions to do anything with it now...

We took in the drawings room, the PR rooms, packed full of old ideas for the powerstation... tbh none of them looked anything worth while!

From there we took in 'B' control room, which is still one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. When it's stainless steel and black enamal were shining bright it must have been breathtaking!

On still to the roof. I was gutted we were not blessed with the blue sky that Alias and OT had had, but while we were enjoying the view the strong wind pushed the cloud away revealing a spanking blue sky... cheers for that god! Admiring, and photographing those chimneys in crystal blue sky was really really enjoyable!

We decided to be rather rash and duck over 'no man's land' through the hulk of the powerstation over to 'A' side. This went off without a hitch. Control room 'A' is still sealed tight, but the white room was open. The white room blew me away because it is such a scenery change from rusting steel and smashed brickwork! If I had a london pad, I would want it just like that!!

Back out without a hitch... one of my best days exploring to date I think...!

ss1of29-2.jpg

ss10of29-2.jpg

The retrotastic control room 'B'
ss11of29-2.jpg

ss8of29-2.gif

View attachment 139510

ss12of29-2.jpg

ss13of29-2.jpg

The crane is rated at 150 tonnes... that is one of tha largest I have ever seen. Swan Hunter was only 30 tonnes mor, and think of the size of that!
ss14of29-2.jpg

ss15of29-2.jpg

ss16of29-2.jpg

ss17of29-2.jpg

ss18of29-2.jpg

View attachment 139518

View attachment 139519

View attachment 139520

View attachment 139521

View attachment 139522

View attachment 139523

View attachment 139524