real time web analytics
Report - - Battersea Power Station - Control Room A - August 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Battersea Power Station - Control Room A - August 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Chaos

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Battersea has been my nemesis over the past couple of years, it's bad luck for me, every time I've gone, something's gone wrong. However, on my previous visits, I'd managed all other parts of the power station except for control room A and the white room. Notoriously difficult to get up to let alone get into the control room. Despite my previous failures, I'm grateful its so hard to accomplish, if it wasn't so tricky, it would most likely be reminiscent of pyestock today, totally fucked by all the pikeys and vandals. I visited this time with Nobby and Evilgenius and a huge thanks to bhg for some valuable info. :thumb

We donned our Tomb Raider skills and made our way upwards. When we eventually reached our goal and stepped into the vast 1920's Art Deco control room, it made it all worthwhile, no longer did this one room that I'd so badly wanted to see, evade me.

We timed it perfectly, it was getting late in the evening and the low sun was bouncing off a red brick wall straight through the control room windows high above the ground bathing it with an orange glow almost bringing it alive.

DSC_4606_zps88183c16.jpg

DSC_4598-Edit_zps5250662a.jpg

DSC_4589_zpsa9787b2e.jpg

DSC_4583-Edit_zps4b263093.jpg

DSC_4574-Edit_zpsd37dc412.jpg

DSC_4565-Edit_zps6371caff.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details