real time web analytics
Report - - Battersea Power Station, London, April 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Battersea Power Station, London, April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sentinel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Battersea Power Station is a decommissioned coal-fired power station located on the south bank of the River Thames. The station ceased generating electricity in 1983, but over the past 50 years it has become one of the best known landmarks in London. On 7 June 2012 it was sold to SP Setia and Sime Darby. In January 2013 the first residential apartments went on sale. Construction on Phase 1 is due to commence in 2013, with completion due in 2016/17.

Visit

Myself and The_Raw had been looking at doing this for a few weeks, A daytime visit a week before showed the way
The night came for us to go in, Text came in saying forget about it, the access is locked down.

Myself and The_Raw were not prepared to be outdone and thinking of another possible route, headed for that option.
Once onto the site it was a fun time trying to read the maps kindly given to us, but since we had been up all day on another explore we were a bit brain dead, but after a while we sorted our heads out and got sorted with the access points into both Control Room A & B

A second visit was needed as we wasted a lot of time the first time around, which provided a less stressful scenario and gave me an opportunity to act up a little bit to make The_Raw feel a little uncomfortable (not for the first time)

Things are moving fast, even after a few days the ground floor route to Control Room B had changed.

DSC_0143_zps12885e6a.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsfc7a3b42.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsd36e36dc.jpg

DSC_0040_zpsa93a6d75.jpg

DSC_0027_zps5306dbe0.jpg

DSC_0115_zps128bc80c.jpg

DSC_0230_zps7d220e0b.jpg

DSC_0171_zps6b945a58.jpg

DSC_0158_zpsf3593f42.jpg

DSC_0169_zpsb1c55cde.jpg

DSC_0255_zps42c485a1.jpg

Last edited:

Seffy

Staff member
Good stuff. Given that it is now a lot more like it once was, access wise, you did well.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
It's actually switch room B, the control room was tiny and in the floor above ;)

Great effort getting in now though, bet it's a bit tougher...

The_Raw

Staff member
Nice one mate, we nailed it. That was two epic nights and a great sense of achievement at the end of it! Think we caught it just at the right time too :)

sentinel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers guys. Really enjoyed this one. Not the walk in that some people said, so glad we got it done...

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
really nice sentinel! always good to see some shots from there :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :)

Glad you all got in & out & in & out ok :)

Really surprised there"s no Dodgey "Raw" shots surfaced yet, i had to spend half a hour shooting him in Sheffield Courts, so it"s not like he"s Camera shy :rolleyes:

elliot5200

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Two thumbs up on getting in here guys ā€“ Iā€™m sure all the tourists will be back now!

sentinel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As far as I know nothing as been taken equipment wise. But I wasnt one of the many that went before.