real time web analytics
Report - - Battersea Power Station Redux 28/01/09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Battersea Power Station Redux 28/01/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Alias

like marmite
28DL Full Member
Battersea Power Station Redux​

End of semester 1 of my final year at uni and I needed a way to celebrate after writing a dissertation and destroying a rain forest's worth of paper on my major project. So what better way than a visit to Battersea to try out a new lens and have some fun while doing so.

OK so first time I visited here last year sometime I ran out of battery before I could take a photo (much to the amusement of the people with me) so I swore to return.

Fast forward to a drizzely night and me, Mofo and Siologen meet up at Chelsea bridge a plan is formulated and we head for the notorious uber fences. Up and over, then over , then under etc.... until we are in the compound faced with what can only be described as one of the most iconic buildings in London. A tingle runs down my spine and we head in, straight up to the roof, I stay on the lower section of the roof as Mofo heads up the scaffolding and siologen stays down because he has been up before.

The whole trip is accompanied by a soundtrack from a concert happening in the grounds which adds some dancing to our stealth ninja moves. We make it to one of the control rooms and my jaw hits the ground. We spend some time here doing arty bollocks and then Siolo has to leave so we bid farewell and he sneaks off into the darkness bound for his bed as he has a real job. Me and Mofo spend another two hours running around exploring, forgetting about the cameras and just sneaking around acting like ninja's is so fun lol...

Security are very present and we almost ran into them on 3 occasions, one involving lying flat against the damp cold floor as they do their patrols.

Anyway enough with the story and on with the Photos:

_LAB1854.jpg

_LAB1855-1.jpg

000.jpg

000-8.jpg

000-5.jpg

then onto the control room
_LAB1756.jpg

_LAB1762.jpg

_LAB1763.jpg

_LAB1765.jpg

_LAB1768.jpg

_LAB1769.jpg

_LAB1772.jpg

_LAB1778.jpg

_LAB1784.jpg

_LAB1798.jpg

_LAB1839.jpg

_LAB1849.jpg

_LAB1795.jpg

_LAB1857.jpg

_LAB1801.jpg

so yeah well thats it hopefully return again soon once I have healed the cut I got from climbing razor wire fences.

till next time BYE

_LAB1832.jpg

Alias​

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details