real time web analytics
Report - - Bawburgh R4 ROTOR - June 10 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bawburgh R4 ROTOR - June 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
This was a bit of a fail as I didn't manage to get underground:( I tried ALL the entrances and they were well secure. To be honest I was a little bit pleased as it means someone gives a dam about this place. The buildings are in great condition, well painted and properly secure.

The history,
R4 three-level Sector Operations Centre bunker built as part of the ROTOR programme. A fourth floor was later added and the bunker became SRHQ4.1 and later RGHQ4.1. Site was closed and stripped out in 1992.

Baw01.jpg

Baw02.jpg

Baw03.jpg

Baw04.jpg

Baw05.jpg

Baw07.jpg

Baw10.jpg

Baw11.jpg

Baw08.jpg

Baw06.jpg

Baw09.jpg

So Close!
Baw12.jpg

Baw13.jpg

S

southy1981

Hi, new to the forum.
I have been interested in bunkers for a long time, and after reading a few books and a bit of research i only recently discovered that there was an R4 bunker just down the road from me!! In picture 2 the large structure you can see in the distance, i live just down the road from it, and i even pass it on my way to work every morning on my bike, and sometimes stop for a ciggie at the entrance gate (missus doesnt like me smoking!!).
I have so wanted to walk around this place, even just on the perimeter just to see the entrance bungalow.
I dont know if i would be trespassing walking round the perimeter or not?
And by guessing that the owner knows that people have been in there, he wont take no prisoners if he caught anyone in the perimeter.
Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like inside (even if its a different R4)
I am hoping that one day new owners take it over and convert it into a museum, i would be there everyday!!!
Thanks for your help

Andy:thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.