Web
Analytics
Report - - Baxter Brothers Jute Mill, Dundee - January 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Baxter Brothers Jute Mill, Dundee - January 2010

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Explored with Dweeb, Rooks and Raddog.

Some externals first...

DSC_1617.jpg

DSC_1620.jpg

Well, we've been here before but never made it out of the basement or courtyard...

DSC_1582.jpg

This time we searched harder and after a short while we were in.

The main goal for me and Dweeb was the tower, and we took a fairly direct route there. Whoever said it was rotten wasn't wrong, but we gave it a go anyway, and before you know it I'm out of the hatch...

DSC_1600.jpg

and trying to take a picture of myself up there, whilst trying to move as little as possible...

DSC_1596.jpg

The other tower, from the bell tower...

DSC_1598.jpg

...which I tried to climb also, but that really was too far gone.

The amazingly small bell...

DSC_1601.jpg

A view from the top...

DSC_1603.jpg

Back into the buildings now, a temporarily repaired rooftop...

DSC_1609.jpg

and a view over the mill...

DSC_1613.jpg

Another top floor, these were probably the best looking rooms in there...

DSC_1585.jpg

and one of the spiral staircases...

DSC_1587.jpg

The mill is stripped out and it looks like they once tried to pigeon-proof it...

DSC_1589.jpg

DSC_1591.jpg

DSC_1594.jpg

A good explore :thumb