Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - BBC Oxford Road Studios Manchester | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - BBC Oxford Road Studios Manchester

ScoobyDoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The BBC studios on Oxford road in Manchester have recently just moved to the all new media city in Salford.

Built in the 1960's it was home to the BBC's north west tv and radio Manchester studios.

its very likely to soon be demolished to make way for new shops and trendy appartments it might be worth a snoop round before they bite the dust, see if anything interesting has been left behind?

tweek

meek
Regular User
Philharmonic orchestra radio studio would be worth documenting.

This Tishbi character is a tosser imo, he's done bugger all with Gateway House, he'll do bugger all with Boddingtons and this will end up a crying shame one way or another also. I find it an iconic building, and i think Manchester should actually be very proud of it's brutalist architecture but for some reason it's branded an eyesore.

I hope it doesn't get demolished.

Everyonefreezes

tinyurl.com/yzfp8dt
28DL Full Member
Philharmonic orchestra radio studio would be worth documenting.

This Tishbi character is a tosser imo, he's done bugger all with Gateway House, he'll do bugger all with Boddingtons and this will end up a crying shame one way or another also. I find it an iconic building, and i think Manchester should actually be very proud of it's brutalist architecture but for some reason it's branded an eyesore.

I hope it doesn't get demolished.
Completely in agreement dude. Buildings like the BBC define Manchester. Not these shiny new functionalist buildings.

mattl

28DL Member
28DL Member
BBC might have stopped broadcasting from here but still quite a few people there most days and security still on site.

tweek

meek
Regular User
Been on the radar for a while, this!
Chatted with fishy about it, naturally he's not interested, but came to the conclusion the hand over would be pretty seamless and given it's location it'll be a difficult one to get done, but we'll see.

Dan1701

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just one thing, every so often there's this load of protesters turns up outside the Oxford Road studios. They're Syrians, but as all the chanting is in Arabic (or something like that) its a bit difficult to be sure. Anyways, if there's a few people in traditional Arabic dress lurking about next to the steps, give it a miss;the police usually turn out in force when that happens.

One other thing to bear in mind about that place too: the Kro2 restaurant nearby may look very inviting, but give 'em a miss. I got food poisoning off their shonky catering last year and spent my 40th birthday puking and worse; they've got a bit of a "typhoid mary" sort of rep these days.

mattl

28DL Member
28DL Member
Much quieter on site now, some contractors clearing the place some days but little sign of anyone on other days.

Krispy101

28DL Member
28DL Member
I imagine my last post didn't pass the moderation queue? Well, I can assure everyone that it's officially vacant now! Get cracking!

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I imagine my last post didn't pass the moderation queue? Well, I can assure everyone that it's officially vacant now! Get cracking!
Nope, it didn't - 1)you described access and 2) gave details that could have dropped you in the sh*t with your employer :rolleyes:

Krispy101

28DL Member
28DL Member
Excellent! Well sorry to have caused a bit of hassle there! I'm going to have a wander around a few Manchester sites this afternoon, and will look for access here! I would say I'd report back but instead if I find some good access, instead trip reports will be coming soon! :)

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Excellent! Well sorry to have caused a bit of hassle there! I'm going to have a wander around a few Manchester sites this afternoon, and will look for access here! I would say I'd report back but instead if I find some good access, instead trip reports will be coming soon! :)
People are only watching your back for you mate - this is a public part of the forum - anything you post here can be read by the world (including your employer, the buildings security company and owner, every local chav, fire starter, copper thief etc.)