real time web analytics
Report - - Beacon Hill Fort, Harwich - 19/11/07 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Beacon Hill Fort, Harwich - 19/11/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Dead Calm

Well, I thought no-one else would have done this place but having checked this morning, I find I'm slow on the uptake... :eek: lol

Anyway... being in the area during the day, I managed to locate and get into this place just before sunset. It was freeeezing up high in the buildings as it was blowing a gale - quite how cold it would have been up there in snow and hail during a winter 'in the olden days' doesn't bear thinking about!

I won't go into too much detail as Subbrit has an absolute wealth of information on the place, including some maps which have made me realise that I missed at least one underground area :(

It's rather overgrown at the moment though, leading to a few snagging moments due to evil brambles, and has rather a lot of graffiti, but the structures seem pretty secure still.

I'd recommend it, it's a nice little site that has some hidden areas to find, and it has quite a peaceful feel about the place. (Well, unless some chav scum kids were to turn up while you were there, but that applies anywhere...)

So, here are the pics. There's a bigger selection on photobucket if you want a look :) (Some are pretty similar but I was just experimenting really - I appear to have got exactly the same shots as a lot of other people without realising it though :rolleyes: lol but mine are at night ;) :p)

DSCF4414.jpg

DSCF4430.jpg

DSCF4444.jpg

DSCF4466.jpg

DSCF4476.jpg

DSCF4484.jpg

DSCF4488.jpg

DSCF4497.jpg

DSCF4501.jpg

DSCF4503.jpg

DSCF4507.jpg

DSCF4511.jpg