real time web analytics
Report - - Beacon Waste Incinerator, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire, October 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Beacon Waste Incinerator, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire, October 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"PLANNERS have dismissed proposals for a new “eco-community” in Hanley Castle, raising the prospect of the site being returned to its former use as a waste incinerator.

Peter Styles was seeking permission to create 24 homes and a hub building, set around a village green, at the disused incinerator site in Hangmans Lane.

Planning officers advised them that a housing development on a site considered open countryside was against policy.

And ward member Coun Mike Morgan said it was the right idea, but in the wrong place.

“I applaud the applicants. I think the ethos behind it is sound and that in the future we will see a lot more of these developments coming before us,” he said.

Agent Andrew Boughton told members refusal would likely result in an appeal alongside further work to re-open the site as an incinerator, albeit now one for clinical waste.

“My client did not expect to create the planning paradox presented to you tonight. He had ambitions to do something creative with this incongruous building,” he said. “In the bigger picture what actual harm could arise from a decision to support?”

The application also found support from Cllr John Raine, who said the council was still governed by “20th century policies that are giving us 20th century developments”.

“This is probably the most exciting development I have seen on this committee in the last 10 years and I for one would like to try and support it,” he said."

Worcestershire has always being a favourite county from back in the day. From a First explore of Pershore market back in 1997, high point of the site being all the old advertising billboards.To the present day and a site that I'd not visited before in the form of this incinerator.Since the earlier newspaper article appeared in the Malvern Gazette in March 2011, not much information on this incinerator.other than it appears to have become disused at the turn of the century.The site remains in limbo and continues its steady decline.

_DSC2971_zpsbtfky6sv.jpg

_DSC2972_zpsjyyp1qpz.jpg

_DSC2973_zpspalex5mg.jpg

_DSC2989_zpszz6bwfon.jpg

_DSC2997_zpskucb0tpx.jpg

_DSC2968_zpsnaimksqv.jpg

_DSC2969_zpsztyn01bt.jpg

_DSC2961_zpsgaoxdxkb.jpg

_DSC2932_zpsvdpvpz7n.jpg

_DSC2933_zpsowe0ugu3.jpg

_DSC2937_zpsshspizth.jpg

_DSC2942_zpsfklzgnpw.jpg

_DSC2956_zpszyuuwa7r.jpg

_DSC2957_zpsn6ymz1l4.jpg

_DSC2959_zpsyhziswrf.jpg

_DSC2979_zpsdhmeubvr.jpg

_DSC2985_zpse21dsfer.jpg

Last edited:

mrg9999

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"PLANNERS have dismissed proposals for a new “eco-community” in Hanley Castle, raising the prospect of the site being returned to its former use as a waste incinerator.

Peter Styles was seeking permission to create 24 homes and a hub building, set around a village green, at the disused incinerator site in Hangmans Lane.

Planning officers advised them that a housing development on a site considered open countryside was against policy.

And ward member Coun Mike Morgan said it was the right idea, but in the wrong place.

“I applaud the applicants. I think the ethos behind it is sound and that in the future we will see a lot more of these developments coming before us,” he said.

Agent Andrew Boughton told members refusal would likely result in an appeal alongside further work to re-open the site as an incinerator, albeit now one for clinical waste.

“My client did not expect to create the planning paradox presented to you tonight. He had ambitions to do something creative with this incongruous building,” he said. “In the bigger picture what actual harm could arise from a decision to support?”

The application also found support from Cllr John Raine, who said the council was still governed by “20th century policies that are giving us 20th century developments”.

“This is probably the most exciting development I have seen on this committee in the last 10 years and I for one would like to try and support it,” he said."

Worcestershire has always being a favourite county from back in the day. From a First explore of Pershore market back in 1997, high point of the site being all the old advertising billboards.To the present day and a site that I'd not visited before in the form of this incinerator.Since the earlier newspaper article appeared in the Malvern Gazette in March 2011, not much information on this incinerator.other than it appears to have become disused at the turn of the century.The site remains in limbo and continues its steady decline.

_DSC2971_zpsbtfky6sv.jpg

_DSC2972_zpsjyyp1qpz.jpg

_DSC2973_zpspalex5mg.jpg

_DSC2989_zpszz6bwfon.jpg

_DSC2997_zpskucb0tpx.jpg

_DSC2968_zpsnaimksqv.jpg

_DSC2969_zpsztyn01bt.jpg

_DSC2961_zpsgaoxdxkb.jpg

_DSC2932_zpsvdpvpz7n.jpg

_DSC2933_zpsowe0ugu3.jpg

_DSC2937_zpsshspizth.jpg

_DSC2942_zpsfklzgnpw.jpg

_DSC2956_zpszyuuwa7r.jpg

_DSC2957_zpsn6ymz1l4.jpg

_DSC2959_zpsyhziswrf.jpg

_DSC2979_zpsdhmeubvr.jpg

_DSC2985_zpse21dsfer.jpg

Gorgi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

_DSC2971_zpsbtfky6sv.jpg

_DSC2972_zpsjyyp1qpz.jpg

_DSC2973_zpspalex5mg.jpg

_DSC2989_zpszz6bwfon.jpg

_DSC2997_zpskucb0tpx.jpg

_DSC2968_zpsnaimksqv.jpg

_DSC2969_zpsztyn01bt.jpg

_DSC2961_zpsgaoxdxkb.jpg

_DSC2932_zpsvdpvpz7n.jpg

_DSC2933_zpsowe0ugu3.jpg

_DSC2937_zpsshspizth.jpg

_DSC2942_zpsfklzgnpw.jpg

_DSC2956_zpszyuuwa7r.jpg

_DSC2957_zpsn6ymz1l4.jpg

_DSC2959_zpsyhziswrf.jpg

_DSC2979_zpsdhmeubvr.jpg

_DSC2985_zpse21dsfer.jpg

Gorgi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place is trashed now, all the windows and dials smashed, spray paint and no copper.

DanS

28DL Member
28DL Member
The graffiti artists have been in there as well. Tends to be full of photographers of all genres!

Jaybaj4455

28DL Member
28DL Member
Please no one go here!!! Went here the other week and got chased down by gypsy threatening too shoot us all and kill us if we didn’t leave!! They attacked my friend with a hammer and tried to smash our cars up!! NO ONE GO HERE!!!!

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Please no one go here!!! Went here the other week and got chased down by gypsy threatening too shoot us all and kill us if we didn’t leave!! They attacked my friend with a hammer and tried to smash our cars up!! NO ONE GO HERE!!!!

Photos please or it didn't happen!

Factorzz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Would be perfect for a video tho

hiddenrose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We used to go a lot in 2017/18, was great! Only encountered the angry travellers on one occasion, and they were angry! They moved on after a couple of weeks though. Was completely trashed when we used to go; all glass smashed, one room filled with about 3ft of paperwork, basement floors all flooded and there was a 4 storey drop where that control panel was as the wall had been kicked through! Work has now started and they've demolished parts for the build so its no longer accessible. Was a great place to explore and had a cracking sunset!