real time web analytics
Report - - Bedham Chapel/School, West Sussex, June 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bedham Chapel/School, West Sussex, June 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BertieBird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm not going to be in the South for much longer (maybe 2 months) as I have quit my job and shall be moving back North, so I'm trying to get some places in before then!

I wanted to find this one a while back and it's dead easy once you know where you're going. It looks absolutely gorgeous among the trees and you actually come up the road above it so get a good look in from above too as you approach.

It was built in 1880 and served as a school (for children and adults) and a chapel until roughly 1925 when it only was used as a chapel on Sundays. Was abandoned in 1959.

P1060193.JPG

Isn't it lovely :)

P1060170.JPG

There's the outline of some sort of side room here.

P1060175.JPG

The fireplace had a load of hair in it. Yum.

P1060173.JPG

Round the back (front?).

P1060190.JPG

I love this curved wall.

P1060178.JPG

I'm glad something's being done to stop that lovely wall collapsing, even if it's just for safety. Some places are just left to fell apart.

P1060176.JPG

Inside the curved wall.

If anyone is exploring in the Surrey/W.Sussex area and is willing to take another lady along, please shout, would be great to see somewhere new.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Not trying to be harsh but this is a ruin in a wood that get’s plenty of visitors every week. It’s not really UE unless it’s somewhere that the general public don’t go to.

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Not trying to be harsh but this is a ruin in a wood that get’s plenty of visitors every week. It’s not really UE unless it’s somewhere that the general public don’t go to.
Its still extremely unheard of, and where else would you post information about a place like this?

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Nipped here a few weeks back. The wildflowers around at this time of year make it feel especially pleasant. Good pics!

babes2010

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited years ago, it was difficult to find, there is another fairly similar place not that far away I visited on the same day, now that one is relatively unheard of.

pablo73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It’s not far from the Petworth graveyard
Amazes me that nothing has ever been done with it
It has a lovely peaceful tranquil air about it