Web
Analytics
Report - - Beedingwood House & Sedgwick Shrine - 5/1/07 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Beedingwood House & Sedgwick Shrine - 5/1/07

• Thread starter DocAtTheRadarStation
  • Start date

D

DocAtTheRadarStation

Hey all, I have not seen many reports of these places on 28DL so I thought I would do my own for anyone who is interested in these two strange houses. Both places are near Horsham and are in rural locations, PM me for further info if you like.

First up is Beedingwood House, it is in a sorry state however it is plain to see it was once a grand building. There is some interesting history of the house on this page: http://urbandesertion.squarespace.com/beedingwood-house/

DSC00902.jpg

The front of Beedingwood House

DSC00904.jpg

Round the back

DSC00909.jpg

Another of the back

DSC00917.jpg

Found this on the wall inside, very nice

DSC00929.jpg

This is why I didn't take many internal shots! Yep they're rotten to buggery

DSC00932.jpg

The servants' stairs leading to more rotten beams

After Beedingwood I took a short drive through the bleak countryside to Sedgwick Shrine. This place is very strange, I have heard various rumours as to what its purpose was originally intended for and I gather that some bloke built it around 100 years ago as a memorial for his departed wife, who is said be enclosded inside the house. The house is very secure however with metal shutters, an alarm, and I came across some kind of tripwire. The grounds fulfilled my curiousity with their strange assortment of statues and church fittings, and the atmosphere was rather eerie. Pics below:

DSC00959.jpg

Approaching the house through the trees

DSC00938.jpg

The front of the house, with tacky plastic(!) pillars and a strange window fitting

DSC00955.jpg

The back of the house complete with balcony and more of those pillars

DSC00943.jpg

The shrine on the rear wall of the house

DSC00942.jpg

Across the lake behind the house was a shelter

DSC00957.jpg

There were a couple of these plinths that once had cannons on them

DSC00939.jpg

A nice satue but it looked really out of place

DSC00952.jpg

Me and the house! :D