real time web analytics
Report - - Beehive Mills, Bolton - Jan 19 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Beehive Mills, Bolton - Jan 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Soon to be demolished, the beehive mills was built in 1895 and is compromised of two spinning mills. The second was built in 1902. The building gained grade II listing but then also the go ahead to demolish it went through which seemed to have caused controversy with some locals.

Explore

Met some nice 'secca' men? not sure if they were, walked past smiled and nodded outside the main mill. But even more weirdly followed us into an out building, waited for us to take our last shots and then began to explain how they needed to seal all the buildings up.

Not too many shots as all of the mill floors looked basically the same and also the same as most mills :cool:

IMG_8454.jpg

IMG_8460-HDR.jpg

IMG_8464-HDR.jpg

IMG_8471.jpg

IMG_8474.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_8489.jpg

IMG_8491-HDR.jpg

IMG_8496.jpg

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Shame you didn't get a chance to the offices etc. The best bit I think!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Met some nice 'secca' men? not sure if they were, walked past smiled and nodded outside the main mill. But even more weirdly followed us into an out building, waited for us to take our last shots and then began to explain how they needed to seal all the buildings up.

Yep, thats what tends to happen when people blatantly rock up to places in the middle of the day :banghead

2 shops next door and one over the road in one of Bolton's busiest Asian communities, comes as no surprise really :rolleyes:

UrbanDoll

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, thats what tends to happen when people blatantly rock up to places in the middle of the day :banghead

2 shops next door and one over the road in one of Bolton's busiest Asian communities, comes as no surprise really :rolleyes:

I think it was more about the 6 kids on the roof on the main road smashing it and pulling boards off left right and centre tbh... :/

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely shot.

Been looking at this for about three years now, so good to finally get to explore it. I was thoroughly disappointed with the engine house... Built just at the right time to be lavishly tiled, it was probably the most boring example I've ever seen!

Baggy trousers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was wondering when this would appear on here as ive had my eye on it too. Lovely building. Well done for getting in.

Who has read this thread (Total: 275) View details