real time web analytics
Report - - Beelitz Heilstätten, Germany - July 2012 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Beelitz Heilstätten, Germany - July 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Everyonefreezes

tinyurl.com/yzfp8dt
28DL Full Member

Visited with Bekoir & Gone.

IMG_8768.jpg

Man, this place is huuuuuuuuuge. Massive props to Sammydoublewhammy & MJS for helping me out with a map.

Beelitz is a crazy place. There was no where to buy a bottle of water or any food from;
yet there was a lovely vending machine that dispenses 'pocket pussies' amongst other lovely toys.
We spent about six hours in this village of the damned & saw only about half of the site.

Unfortunately the majority of the place is pretty much empty - which is to be expected after it having been left for so long.
However, it's still a quality mooch, and the graffiti murals are absolutely incredible. The amount of time people must have put into them is insane.

Here's a little bit of info ripped straight from good ol' wiki:

"During October and November 1916, Adolf Hitler recuperated at Beelitz-Heilstätten after being wounded in the leg at the Battle of the Somme.
In 1945, Beelitz-Heilstätten was occupied by Soviet forces, and the complex remained a Soviet military hospital until 1995, well after the German reunification."

Check out Gone's report for some lovely film shots.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/72587-Beelitz-Heilstätten-Germany-July-2012?highlight=beelitz

IMG_8702.jpg
IMG_8723.jpg

IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8756.jpg
IMG_8753.jpg

I have to say though, that i wasn't expecting a massive stage mural to Whitney Houston.

IMG_8777.jpg
IMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8782.jpg

IMG_8781.jpg

Germany's statues are sick.

IMG_8787.jpg
View attachment 464308

IMG_8783.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

IMG_8856.jpg

Gone

IMG_8845.jpg

Cheers for reading, guys & dolls.

P.S. Here's a picture of a dead bird for you all to enjoy.

IMG_8807.jpg

Peace :thumb x

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details