real time web analytics
Report - - 'Beer Belly', Stockport, September 2018 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 'Beer Belly', Stockport, September 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Nice work T.

The noise at the far end is ferocious isn't it. What we were trying to shout, should have pre-warned you, was that the falls have created a deep 'bowl' which you could easily loose footing in. The thought of slipping into it with waders is quite frightening .

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Cheers FF. Really liked this, and the ending was a nice surprise.

What we were trying to shout, should have pre-warned you, was that the falls have created a deep 'bowl' which you could easily loose footing in.

Haha! Good to know now! It’s cool, I had assumed there was probably some kind of death drop there so wasn’t going any further.

FreshFingers

Regular User
"Don't get my hands mucky hey?"

1576209_ac8e5b4c1124bfe95ac19c5f4c6ccc42.jpg

FreshFingers

Regular User
The first time around, 2010 ish, it was much easier to get the the falls. Quite amazing how much silt and vegetation has built up. There's a section that felt like crawling over a mattress of tightly bound roots.

Where the brick arch is, It's not immediately noticeable, but if you look at the banking that leads from the car park, there's a very large depression in the earth. In June 1967, a British Midland C-4 Argonaut suffered fuel starvation and 'landed short' in that exact location.

Every time I'm down there, I always stop and think about both the tragedy and the bravery of all involved, both occupants of the AC and those involved with the rescue. I went to the 50th anniversary documentary filming at the Plaza last year. Got a book on it too, fascinating read.

So yeah, it's a bit of a smelly brook with lots of dumped rubbish, but it holds a lot of history for me.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 308) View details