Web
Analytics
Before going to explore Greater Manchester | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Before going to explore Greater Manchester

grine

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi o/ everyone,

I am 23, french, new in Manchester and here for six month minimum.
I am currently exploring the city and its old warehouses and industrial buildings. I didn't know Manchester before, but I am not disappointed at all. I am into urban exploration through other stuffs like photography, climbing or graffiti, but I would like to go more in depth with urbex, and to come across beautiful hidden places in Manchester. I like the light there is in the city, which is suitable for photographs.

I like photography and art in general, and think industrial landscapes are great inspiration sources.
My camera is a Lumix DMC-TZ5, it is not a professional equipment but fits well for exploration and allows me to take fairly good pictures.

Would be happy to discuss and share with the members of the forum and why not to meet some during explorations.

Thanks for reading.

PS: Here is a duck picture I shot in the canal next to Castlefield.

duck.jpg

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Welcome to 28DL, there's plenty above and below ground to keep you busy for 6 months plus :thumb

grine

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks, for welcome.
@stranton: I think graffiti is a part of urban exploration. There is a large variety in the graffiti scene. Don't worry I do not plan to paint on a perfectly preserved old church, but in a empty abandoned mere warehouse, where there are plenty of paintings, why not ?

host

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bonjour. Manchester has a lot to offer in what you are looking for. There are some nice legal walls to paint too if you don’t mind that. Lots of climbing walls in old mills a massive one in Stockport. Hope to see some reports soon.