Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Belfast West Power Station | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Belfast West Power Station

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Came across this whilst checking power stations off, don't ask me why I even bothered looking at N.I. Power Stations (curiosity I guess) because I won't be going anytime soon, however it appears although the demolition of the boiler house and turbine hall has been long completed the building ringed red still remains.

I believe this building to be the admin block, and the substation/control room.

If anyone's over in Belfast, it might be worth a look ey?

29679006370_b727c6125b_b.jpg

Attachments

JohnSmith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can tell you from past experience working in the harbour, that place is a fortress with cameras everywhere. They even have UAVs flying around with cameras (I shit you not). It is mostly for keeping an eye on the ships and their crew when undergoing dock procedures to make sure they aren't doing anything illegal. Plus, to get there you have to cross an open road that runs right beside Belfast harbour Police headquarters with little to no cover.

Last edited:

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeh i noticed that! Got very excited when looking on Bing and the whole thing was still there. Another epic exploring fail.
I thought you might have clocked it to be fair, after your Ireland trip, looks like it was a good 'un!

UAVs flying around with cameras (I shit you not).
Crazy, that's a new one! (Outside of the Middle East anyway...)

JohnSmith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Crazy, that's a new one! (Outside of the Middle East anyway...)
Yeah I didn't believe it either until I saw it myself one time. The harbour is so huge they use drones (quadcopters) to keep an eye on everything.

No idea how frequently they operate them but they are there occasionally.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Checked this out on a recent visit - didn’t seem to be any way in.

There’s another little substation - I think - just across the water next to the Game of Thrones set but got shooed away before I could see inside.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Checked this out on a recent visit - didn’t seem to be any way in.

There’s another little substation - I think - just across the water next to the Game of Thrones set but got shooed away before I could see inside.

Damn, got very excited there!

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Things might change down that neck of the woods in the future as H&W went into administration and ceased trading on Monday evening.