real time web analytics
Report - - Belgian Bonanza - Feb 2013 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Belgian Bonanza - Feb 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Hit the road to Belgium again with Host and 2 non members.
14 sites in 4 days, a couple of re-visits along the way, all in all a successfull trip with not too much drama.

After doing a report on IM, I've decided to lump these into one report, very little history i'm afraid just photo's.

"University L" - from the signage built in 1947 An immense collection of buildings with a whole lot of decayed classrooms. auditoriums, labs etc.....

UniL-2r.jpg

UniLr.jpg

UniL-8r.jpg
UniL-6r.jpg

"Monastery R" an abandoned Monastery currently undergoing the start of some renovations.

MonasteryR-2r.jpg
MonasteryR-5r.jpg

MonasteryR-3r.jpg

MonasteryRr.jpg
Monar.jpg

"HF6" a mothballed Blast Furnace.....

HF6-2r.jpg

HF6r.jpg
HF6-6r.jpg

HF6-3r.jpg

"The Christallerie" yep you guessed it, an old crystal factory.....

crystal-6r.jpg

crystal-3r.jpg
crystal-5r.jpg

crystal-4r.jpg
crystalr.jpg

"Forest view care home" aka "Home sweet home" A huge former nursing home abandoned since 2008, full of wheel chairs, beds etc, perfect for those clichéd wheelchair shots :D

hsh5r.jpg

hsh-3r.jpg
hsh-2r.jpg

hshr.jpg

"Labyrinth School" The plans for this technical school were already drawn in the 1910s. However, these blueprints befell the same fate as many other building projects in this period; they were brought to an abrupt standstill when the First World War violently erupted. After the war, construction was picked up again, and by the end of the 1920s the building was finalized. Three quarters of a century later, at the turn of the 21st century, the school buildings became outdated and were left abandoned in favour of modern facilities.....

Labyrinthr.jpg

labriynthrr.jpg

Labyrinth-2r.jpg

"Theatre Varia" built in 1913 and closed in 1986 - designed by architect E. Claes. Renovation started end of 2004 but was recently cancelled by lack of funds, the facade and roof structure were listed as historic monument in 1992....

Varia-2r.jpg
Variar.jpg

"Huize Vanestte" just a small but very characterfull house in full decay....

Vanestter.jpg

Vanestte-4r.jpg
Vanestte-2r.jpg

Vanestte-3r.jpg

"Chateau R" we weren't quite sure on the name of this location, an impressive large house, mostly empty....

CheateauR-3r.jpg
CheateauR-2r.jpg

Also revisited Tapioca Farm, Tree Mansion and Theatre Jeusette but i won't bore you with those sites as i've already covered them before.

Hope that wasn't too painfull, cheers for looking :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details