Web
Analytics
Report - - Bell Farmhouse; AKA Malthouse; Maidstone, Kent. Nov 19 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bell Farmhouse; AKA Malthouse; Maidstone, Kent. Nov 19

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Firstly apologies for the quality of the photos. Only excuse is, I did this around 5pm and it was already dark. So being on a main street, It was hard to light up and not be stupid and draw attention to myself. Most long range shots are blurred due to me not setting up my tripod, rookie error, and not wanting to light up like a Christmas tree. So mainly closer shots Ive used. Not happy with these results, as the place is now sealed.​

Farmhouse. Mid C1600, with early facade. Timber framed. Front elevation cement rendered. Right gable end red brick on the ground. Floor the banded plain and fishscale tiles to first floor. Plain tiles on the roof. 5 timber framed bays, with continuous jetty to rear and probably originally also to front. 2 storeys on plinth. Projecting eaves with flat soffit. Steeply pitched hipped roof with gablets. Red brick stack in front slope of roof with gables.
Addictions to rear of 3rd quarter circ 1900/1910.

Firstly some externals
Malthouse 17th.jpg

DSC_0104 14th.jpg

DSC_0108 15th.jpg

A few better internals.

DSC_0059 6th.jpg

DSC_0055 5th.jpg

DSC_0060 7th.jpg

DSC_0061 8th.jpg

DSC_0077 11th.jpg

DSC_0034 2nd.jpg

A few close ups.

DSC_0032 1st.jpg

DSC_0039 3rd.jpg

DSC_0049 4th.jpg

DSC_0065 9th.jpg

DSC_0101 12th.jpg

DSC_0102 13th.jpg

DSC_0103 13th.jpg

DSC_006710th.jpg

And the extended yard

DSC_0111. 16thjpg.jpg

DSC_0112 16th.jpg

Thanks for viewing1

Hidinginplanesite

Khruabnx
28DL Full Member
did you go back in the day to see the cars at the back of the house? I went back in May when it wasn't really touched :) shame how trashed a beautiful house has become - we found a diary backing to 1940 something.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
No didnt go back, it was the last hit of the day. Next day I moved onto a bone yard somewhere else, a few snaps from there. May post a ensemble of mini explores soon.

GeorgeeGreenn

28DL Member
28DL Member
Firstly apologies for the quality of the photos. Only excuse is, I did this around 5pm and it was already dark. So being on a main street, It was hard to light up and not be stupid and draw attention to myself. Most long range shots are blurred due to me not setting up my tripod, rookie error, and not wanting to light up like a Christmas tree. So mainly closer shots Ive used. Not happy with these results, as the place is now sealed.​

Farmhouse. Mid C1600, with early facade. Timber framed. Front elevation cement rendered. Right gable end red brick on the ground. Floor the banded plain and fishscale tiles to first floor. Plain tiles on the roof. 5 timber framed bays, with continuous jetty to rear and probably originally also to front. 2 storeys on plinth. Projecting eaves with flat soffit. Steeply pitched hipped roof with gablets. Red brick stack in front slope of roof with gables.
Addictions to rear of 3rd quarter circ 1900/1910.

Firstly some externals

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Yep I wouldnt go back now anyway, its was ok, but not worth a return trip tbh. Cheers for info though :thumb

RXQueen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
it’s being renovated, one side has new rear windows and doors. inaccessible now, cars still out the back

Calamity Jane

Regular User
it’s being renovated, one side has new rear windows and doors. inaccessible now, cars still out the back
Thats good, its quite a huge house, I kept losing my partner in there, so many connecting rooms and corridors lol.