real time web analytics
Report - - Belle Vue, Doncaster Rovers FC- 20/01/07 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Belle Vue, Doncaster Rovers FC- 20/01/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

RTID

My first report, and a small one at that. Next time I'll have a better look.

My old haunt of a Saturday afternoon - Belle Vue. Home of the greatest football team in the land until the full time whistle on the 23rd December 2006.

Rovers own the buildings, but not the land, nor the lease. They have sold off fixtures and fittings, and the scrapman has seen to a lot of the metal already.

The clubhouse in the car park, probably less than two years old, but the whole roof blew off on Thursday (!) just 22 days after the last match. Unfortunately, that will speed it's demise, but the rest of the ground looks set to stand for 12-18 months. Will no doubt be chavved to buggery very soon.

My 6 photos, hope you like them.

The Rossington (away) end.
BV1.jpg

The now roof-less Pop side, where I once spent many Saturday afternoons, looking toward the Town end now minus it's executive boxes.
BV2.jpg

The now near seat-less Main stand.
BV3.jpg

The now roof-less club house/ticket office.
BV4.jpg

Another of the front of the club house.
BV5.jpg

The front of the Main stand looking very forlorn.
BV6.jpg

If anyone is interested, I can post some shots of the last match from the 23rd December by way of contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RTID

Re: Belle Vue, Doncaster - Teeny Report 20/01/07

Pictures taken at the last match vs. Nottingham Forest, 23rd December 2006. What a contrast in less than a month!!

Outside the Main stand.
LastMatch1.gif

Pop side looking towards Main stand
View attachment 22813

Pop side looking towards Rossington end (Forest fans)
View attachment 22814

The Rovers come onto the pitch one last time
View attachment 22815

Last edited by a moderator: