real time web analytics
Report - - Bellerbys College, Wadhurst, Kent, April 2015 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bellerbys College, Wadhurst, Kent, April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Splorex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Didn't last long though, the couple that bought this apartment went away for a couple of weeks and left that kitchen tap running...

Splorex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Were there multiple rooms like that of almost identical style (curved balcony, carved arches etc.), I only ask because the exact carvings in the woodwork in the old pics don't match up with the ones in the new pic, was it a different room or could this be that the woodwork was so shot that the developers had to replicate as best they could, maybe salvage from similar buildings?

Splorex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just sussed it, different room (or very vandalistic developers), found this, same room different angle!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Just sussed it, different room (or very vandalistic developers), found this, same room different angle!

There was only one room like that, as it was the former assembly hall/theatre.

Chances are some of the woodwork was so beyond repair as it was so wet in there they had to replicate it as best they could. They have also added windows and a door to the wall at the end.

Splorex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for that mookster, put me outta my misery a bit there! Even though I've never visited the place, intrigue did strike... So it looks like all of the woodwork that was anywhere near the floor was fecked... one thing I noticed was the two outer pairs of pillars either side of the fireplace (where that organ was, under the curved balcony), in the old pic; inner ones round columns, outer ones square, later ones all four are square, so, not a different room, just a fake of the original in the same space, are they allowed to call this 'restoration'?

Splorex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'll rest my case on this one, looks like the developers were fairly sympathetic although had the place been rescued a bit earlier it couldv'e ended up a bit more 'real', nice while it was derped though and thanks to all who got in and fot'd it!