real time web analytics
Report - - Bellerbys College, Wadhurst, Kent, July 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bellerbys College, Wadhurst, Kent, July 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

2wid

ratamahatta
28DL Full Member
After rather funny encounter starring Tarick and his mates at the nearby location, we decided to go here.

visited with: Keïteï, Subversive, Medwayboy and Me.Two

history: Prior to Bellerby's taking over this school in about 1995 it was known as Mayfield College. Mayfield was founded by the Duchess of Leeds as an Orphanage. In 1868 a Roman Catholic Order of Religous Brothers, known as the Xaverians Brothers, moved from Hastings to run Mayfield College as an independent boys boarding school. The school continued to flourish under the direction of the Brothers until 1977 when, due to a shortage of vocations into the Brothers, the school was taken over by the Mayfield College Educational Trust. It retained strong links with the Brothers several of whom still lived and taught at the College. However in about 1995 the Trust felt unable to continue the administration of the school and it was sold to Bellerby's of Wadhurst, they changed the name of the school to Bellerby College, Mayfield. The college closed in approx 2004.

Place doesn't seem to change much over time, it's in me gusta state of decay, unfortunately security guard and his dog didn't let us stay for too long.

01.jpg

02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg
19.jpg

20.jpg

Thanks for watching.​

Foster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hate to contradict, but this was NOT Mayfield College prior to being Bellarbys. It was Wadhurst College and was a girls boarding school. The founders were connected to Sherbourne, the well known girls school in the West country. I attended Wadhurst College from 1958 until 1964 and know well all the pictures you have shown. It is lovely to see nowadays that this building has been resurreted and turned into apartments, the nicest of which takes up the old hall, library, staff room and three of the first floor dormitories which were part of Atholl house.