Web
Analytics
Report - - Belmont House Care Home, Cheadle - December 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Belmont House Care Home, Cheadle - December 2020

MK83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History - Originally built in the 1800's and adapted in 1864 by the architect Alfred Waterhouse, this house was the residence of the Milne family who were the owners of a department store in Manchester named Kendal Milne now the House of Fraser. The house was purchased in 1920 for £5700 by a charity named the Together Trust and at the time of purchase came with a 22 acre estate. The house was adapted to accommodate 40 children and used as a children's home by the charity until 1983, in it's early days a s a children's home many children where brought from the slums of Manchester having never seen the countryside before. It was sold again in 1983 and converted into a care home. The care home closed in 2017 after being placed into special measures by the care quality commission.

Explore - We decided to take a look at this while scoping out explores in Cheadle as we'd seen some interesting features on other reports, access was no problem. The house is in a bad way, the floors are soaked and pretty dangerous in places. It did have some nice original features but other than that is pretty empty apart from some personal possessions in the basement, more than likely belonging to the residents of the care home. The main stairs and the chandelier are by far the best bit.

Thanks for looking.

Han1990

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Certain rooms fully burnt inside. Some parts unstable. Chandelier and stairs best part. Chandelier broken half on floor. Leaky ceilings wet soaked floors. Nice find.

Attachments

Last edited:

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
Certain rooms fully burnt inside. Some parts unstable. Chandelier and stairs best part. Chandelier now broken half on floor. Leaky ceilings wet soaked floors. Nice find.
I wouldn’t advertise when you visited a location, nor the access. This site is public and known to be viewed by security and owners. Nothing wrong with adding a little bit of an update post though!

-COMMENT EDITED AND UPDATED BY MEMBER-

Last edited:

MK83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Certain rooms fully burnt inside. Some parts unstable. Chandelier and stairs best part. Chandelier broken half on floor. Leaky ceilings wet soaked floors. Nice find.
It wasn't in the best condition when we went but pretty sad that the chandelier has now been wrecked. Lot of history to this house, it's a shame. I wonder who goes to these places to trash them?

Lenny1702

28DL Member
28DL Member
I went to this place last night anybody got any information on the fire as it wasn't like this a few weeks ago

Han1990

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited today. Police notice saying there was a fire here 10 days ago. Easy to get in through main gate unlocked. Side door open to house. Certain rooms fully burnt inside. Some parts unstable. Chandelier and stairs best part. Chandelier now broken half on floor. Leaky ceilings wet soaked floors. Nice find.
I went to this place last night anybody got any information on the fire as it wasn't like this a few weeks ago
there was a fire ten days ago

UrbexHan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went to this place 2019/2020 and it was in alright nick then. I only live around the corner from it so had my eye on it since it closed. Unfortunately it’s in even worse state now, supposed explorers have graffitied their names all over the place.- including on the front of the house. The front upstairs door and wooden palisades have been smashed. Windows left open and smashed. Obviously been a fire in recent weeks too. Maybe don’t name the location exactly next time as they just get wrecked. Let people do their own research and find it.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I went to this place 2019/2020 and it was in alright nick then. I only live around the corner from it so had my eye on it since it closed. Unfortunately it’s in even worse state now, supposed explorers have graffitied their names all over the place.- including on the front of the house. The front upstairs door and wooden palisades have been smashed. Windows left open and smashed. Obviously been a fire in recent weeks too. Maybe don’t name the location exactly next time as they just get wrecked. Let people do their own research and find it.
One of the rules of this forum is places need to have the proper names.

Blame instead the multitude of goons who went here and plastered it all over Facebook and Youtube before it appeared on the forums in any meaningful form!

UrbexHan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of the rules of this forum is places need to have the proper names.

Blame instead the multitude of goons who went here and plastered it all over Facebook and Youtube before it appeared on the forums in any meaningful form!
Well yes I do blame those people more and I'm guessing a few of the local kids have got in to it now its wide open - the stairs are worth a photo but there is graffiti over it now.
I thought people could name a property and location without actually naming the actual name of the house/care home? So for example it could be Hill Care Home, Cheadle?

MK83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well yes I do blame those people more and I'm guessing a few of the local kids have got in to it now its wide open - the stairs are worth a photo but there is graffiti over it now.
I thought people could name a property and location without actually naming the actual name of the house/care home? So for example it could be Hill Care Home, Cheadle?
One of the main aspects of a report is usually the history of the location so whether you named it or not it would be simple to reverse engineer the actual name from the history of the place and a quick Google search. It takes about 10 minutes to figure out most of the locations posted on Facebook/youtube without names, and 9 times out of 10 they've already been covered on here anyway. I'm pretty sure most of these places are trashed due to the fact they get posted all over Facebook or YouTube which both have a lot more traffic and a lot more bellends browsing them than this site.