Web
Analytics
Report - - Benefield Car Spares, Northamptonshire - Jan 22 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Benefield Car Spares, Northamptonshire - Jan 22

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Heres another one that hasnt been reported but cant imagine it will be long before the goons find it.
I know this place well & have used this breakers for more than 25yr. It hasnt been abandoned for long, the owner died late last year & everything was subsequently auctioned off, unfortunately I missed the opportunity pre auction so expected empty shelves.

There was however all "the junk" left behind, but this place was a proper old school breakers so some of it is quite interesting.

How old school? well heres a whisky barrel still filled with his stock of car inner tubes!

It appears since my last visit that they had moved into the latest century catering for not only leyland & ford but also "french"

If u need a new set of lights or a wheel trim there is prob stil some here tbh

Even a few old lucas headlights

Or a pair of ancient spoked wheels for I dont know what!

Im sure someone out there is looking for a workshop manual for their Morris Half Ton van too

A few unsold items still have lot numbers on

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Continued

Heading back outside

This building was the office

I believe this static was the owners house

Yes this really is a thing (google it)

All in all quite a bit left to rummage through, hope you enjoyed.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love this your right plenty of stuff left. People go weak at the knees for those old cans even in poor condition great report btw.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Love this your right plenty of stuff left. People go weak at the knees for those old cans even in poor condition great report btw.
Yeah surprised me what didn't sell, u would of thought someone would of just took all the little bits. The barrel is quite desirable too

Oh wow I don’t live to far from here didn’t realise it was closed. Hopefully it doesn’t get trashed that would be awful. Brilliant find
Thanks, I prob shouldn't of have it out, but it will b a matter of weeks before our local goon finds it & sells it to the papers im sure.
Don't know what the plans are but I'm betting it all gets demolished anyway.
That's a fab little place that.
Thanks mate, I did try it the day after the auction but someone was in the yard burning stuff lol

Down and beyond

I am just developing the mine by improving access
Regular User
Use to visit here get parts for the car I remember the major strange opening hours ! Use to have a Ford probe I believe it was at the entrance .

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Use to visit here get parts for the car I remember the major strange opening hours ! Use to have a Ford probe I believe it was at the entrance .
Cant remember the probe but entirely possible. Its owned by Mrs Grey now I believe but imagine it will be sold off for housing or something

harlzter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cant remember the probe but entirely possible. Its owned by Mrs Grey now I believe but imagine it will be sold off for housing or something
If its anything like the breakers they built an estate on near us the ground will need decontaminating as they used to just let the fluids drain wherever the car was sat at the time.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If its anything like the breakers they built an estate on near us the ground will need decontaminating as they used to just let the fluids drain wherever the car was sat at the time.
Most prob, it was old school, no concrete base like they req now