real time web analytics
Report - - Benenden Hospital - Kent - June 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Benenden Hospital - Kent - June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
The Post Office Sanatorium Society was founded in 1905 to help working class Post Office employees control the tuberculosis epidemic when conventional medical insurance was not widely affordable. The business model of weekly member fees was proposed by a Post Office clerk, Charles Garland.

In 1923 the name became The Post Office and Civil Service Sanatorium Society, as the membership was opened to a new industry. In October 1990, the registered office moved from London to York. Ahead of its Time, a film about Benenden's history was made by Trafalgar Productions in 2011.

The Explore
As I recently relocated I thought I would see what was on offer around the area and this little gem popped up on the radar and it made me keen to have a crack at it as I still hadn't done a hospital (yes, mad I know) out of all the years in the game.

The hospital is a tricky one as some of it seemed alive, different buildings and areas with lights and power on etc so steered clear of these parts just in case. I didn't bump into a single person and was there for a few hours.

Entry was a tricky one but nothing will ever stop me :D I will try and try until its a chicken dinner. Once in I did have a try on the beds and equipment, yes the urges were too strong to resist. It was amazing to find all personal documents and files just left, odd. No derp is ever complete without the urbex poo (come on I'm not the only one).

Onto the pictures.

2%20copy_zpsixo5oeqk.jpg

15%20copy_zpsoh1dc1xm.jpg

18%20copy_zpsjh7rwktt.jpg

19%20copy_zpskhqrn2cq.jpg

10%20copy_zpsnl7svexf.jpg

13%20copy_zpsbkys0n93.jpg

11%20copy_zpsf7i8gc0t.jpg

16%20copy_zpsozwme3se.jpg

8%20copy_zps51egw7lu.jpg

6%20copy_zpsmk3yleij.jpg

7%20copy_zpsfkzotjut.jpg

5%20copy_zpsmqa2juwy.jpg

4%20copy_zpsvmcscewz.jpg

3%20copy_zpspjtimwib.jpg

22_zpso5qtykog.jpg

21_zpstv55kov9.jpg

Thanks for stopping by ;)

Lil'Legs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report, some nice pics there and looks like a good little explore, Right about the poo, no place is truly abandoned without a little "present" left behind.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Urbex poop is a win..even if its not in the actual toilet it still counts..Nice to see some more pics from here mate looks like you had a good wander mate

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Urbex poop is a win..even if its not in the actual toilet it still counts..Nice to see some more pics from here mate looks like you had a good wander mate

Thank god because it wasn't in the toilet, still collect my points! Someone already beat me to the toilet so I thought I would be creative and cheers fella :thumb

the darkside

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Proper nice that! Love to see more pics of the place. That little blue van thingy too, epic! And someone needs to save that snooker/pool table!

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done :thumb
Can't believe this is your first hospital

I know tell me about it! Took me long enough, think it was the only type of place I hadn't ticked off the list, oh well all done now ;) many more for the future as well, won't be the last!