Web
Analytics
Report - - Bennetston Hall | 28.06.2019 | (PIC HEAVY) | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bennetston Hall | 28.06.2019 | (PIC HEAVY)

rjbains

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had a tip from a fellow explorer that the entry to this place was really easy at the moment, so I headed to it after work in time to catch the sunset.

Apologies that this report may have also been done lately, I just enjoy documenting outings. Bennetston Hall was built in the late 19th century by a local doctor, used as a country mansion at first- 10 acres of land with a 2 acre lake. Forward into the 1930's its taken over and made into a youth hostel, a few years after that a nightclub then finally a hotel. During the 1980's the building was damaged by a huge fire due to neglect. More up to date, 2015 contractors employed by Chimp-management come in to carry out plans to restore the building to become a neuroscience company headquarters. Looks now as though they ran out of money and the work come to a complete standstill.

A super relaxed explore and definitely one of my favourites. Could lose hours in the outdoor scenery alone never-mind the fine details that still remain inside.

A view from the hall from the bottom of the old driveway, inside of the gates.
IMG_9277.jpg

Quick shot of the 2 acre lake stretch
IMG_9278.jpg

Walking up to the front doors
IMG_9284.jpg

Straight inside the front door
IMG_9285.jpg

A few open room shots.
IMG_9290.jpg

IMG_9291.jpg

Found the flaked paintwork quite interesting..
IMG_9296.jpg

The most amazing staircase
IMG_9305.jpg
IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9321.jpg

A couple from upstairs

IMG_9310.jpg
IMG_9315.jpg
IMG_9313.jpg
IMG_9314.jpg

Was pleasantly surprised with another find at the back of this hall, which I'll be updating in another report, a small house known as the Coach House.
Definitely would recommend this on an easy afternoon.

:)

Basement entry sneak peak too..
IMG_9298.jpg