real time web analytics
General - - Benwell Dance Studio BIRMINGHAM | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Benwell Dance Studio BIRMINGHAM

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

salinium

DerelicDogs
28DL Full Member
This is a small abandoned dance studio sitting on reservoir road just beside burnel road which comes down by the primary school, it has sat abandoned for decades.
There is a metal fence at the front but it shouldn't stop you, but what will stop you in the entrance, it's boarded up the front and the only way in is through the hole in the side of the building, but it's worth seeing, I picked up a 1955 tin from there

Rhythmkid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I used to practice dancing there sometimes twice a week. My partner and I gave a professional demonstration there once

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Take only photos, leave only footprints should be every explorers motto.
This guy said he wanted to just take something, no matter what.

Its stealing and there's no justification for it, im surprised at your stance on this speed, I thought you liking his post must have been a mistake.

Im not the one in the wrong here, don't have a go at me. If someone wants to 'salvage' something they contact the owners, if the owners aren't available you don't just take it anyway.

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Take only photos, leave only footprints should be every explorers motto.
This guy said he wanted to just take something, no matter what.

Its stealing and there's no justification for it, im surprised at your stance on this speed, I thought you liking his post must have been a mistake.

Im not the one in the wrong here, don't have a go at me. If someone wants to 'salvage' something they contact the owners, if the owners aren't available you don't just take it anyway.

If you think that is what the majority of explorers live by then you're in for a major shock. :eek: :eek:
That motto tends to be for massive whoppers to have printed on their exploringwith"insert name" crew hoodies.

Considering that all of this fundamentally requires you to break the law (albeit a civil one in most instances), it's a bit stupid to get on some sort of morality high horse.

To use your argument, you could say "It's trespass and there's no justification for it..."

In most instances the owners couldn't care less about the building that they're willingly letting fall down, let alone the contents.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
There is a difference though, trespass is a civil matter and not illegal, taking something is theft which is illegal. There's no grey area. And there's no justification. If the owners don't care there shouldn't be a problem asking them should there.
I considered at least every respected explorer on this site lived by the well known motto. You're right it is a shock to find out at least some obviously don't.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Everyones got thier own morals but if you think even a fraction of explorers follow that silly 'motto' you are pretty deluded, even people who say they do dont. Whether people are taking stuff to preserve it or just plain recycling if no ones missing the stuff then I dont see an issue. Infact its massivly positive for people to save stuff from inevitable destruction, that's what most people into UE are all about, preserving a bit of history so the two activities go hand in hand. Always have and always will.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 380) View details