real time web analytics
Best location ever? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Best location ever?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
opinions on best/personal favourite location? I was lead to believe pyestock and inverkip were very good.

I cast my vote for Haslar.

Actually. While I'm at it, how about worst location ever?

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
Pointless conversation! Personally I hate it when people use the phrase 'urbex location' because that's not what it is. It's not an abandoned place saved from death by its fortunate and faithful conversion into an 'urbex location' now is it?! It's an abandoned place. Sure some places become attractions to large numbers of people but is it just this pool you want people to choose from? Every abandoned place has had some chump walk around it at some point, does that make every abandoned building ever a 'location'?

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Pointless conversation! Personally I hate it when people use the phrase 'urbex location' because that's not what it is. It's not an abandoned place saved from death by its fortunate and faithful conversion into an 'urbex location' now is it?! It's an abandoned place. Sure some places become attractions to large numbers of people but is it just this pool you want people to choose from? Every abandoned place has had some chump walk around it at some point, does that make every abandoned building ever a 'location'?

Always got to be one person on here who has a moan about everything. Really... It's a simple question, and I was just wanting other people's opinions. If you don't wanna give yours then don't. But no need to go on the warpath. I could come on here and say "what camera are you using?" And I'd get some kind of sanctimonious reply. "It doesn't matter what camera your using its all about the cotton fibre content of the strap!"

DrGonzo

Hello Officer
28DL Full Member
Ah you have it all wrong Paul, you clearly haven't been to the southwest finest Urbex/sploring haunted location...
_87622966_87620868.jpg

A quality place...

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Favourite place I've ever visited has to be Hellingly. Probably because it was the first place I explored and I couldn't get enough of the history of it. I spent an inordinate amount of time there given how far it was from my house at the time.

No idea about the worst place, there's been too many to mention!

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
I always like to define my parameters is all. If we're going by the definition of places that have had a heavy urbex footfall, I'd say somewhere like Terrys chocolate or any number of satisfying sites that have been reported 20+ times. I think none of my real favourites were ever definable as urbex locations as they didn't get that kind if footfall for whatever reason, be that their geographical location, security setup, or just how quickly they were demolished following closure. Places like Alcan Aluminium, Elementis, Coryton, Lcpd closures etc. are all up there in my list of favourites all on the scale and level of Pyestock or Inverkip but hardly urbex locations.

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Would say Sheffield courts was one of my favourites, and the 'hell house' but doubt many people would agree with me on that one.

DrGonzo

Hello Officer
28DL Full Member
I always like to define my parameters is all. If we're going by the definition of places that have had a heavy urbex footfall, I'd say somewhere like Terrys chocolate or any number of satisfying sites that have been reported 20+ times. I think none of my real favourites were ever definable as urbex locations as they didn't get that kind if footfall for whatever reason, be that their geographical location, security setup, or just how quickly they were demolished following closure. Places like Alcan Aluminium, Elementis, Coryton, Lcpd closures etc. are all up there in my list of favourites all on the scale and level of Pyestock or Inverkip but hardly urbex locations.

Prehaps over thinking that slightly?

The Old Rectory in Cornwall, you know the one if you have been there. Seriously good place.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Maybe Joes Seminary for me but not too sure, only basing that on the fact its really the only place I've returned to numerous times and always enjoyed it just as much and found new areas..