Web
Analytics
Question - - Best upgrade from Canon 1100D | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Best upgrade from Canon 1100D

xMatherZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm looking to upgrade from my current camera the Canon 1100D, what would be the next step up for a reasonable/fair price?

Many thanks :-)

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Depends what a reasonable/fair price would be? Also do you just have the kit lens for the Canon or have you bought some more?

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'd be binning both those lenses off and buying a wide angle before changing the body. It's a fairly capable camera really.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I'd agree with OT, possibly keep the kit lens for general use for now, but ditch/sell the 90-300mm lens and get a good wide angle lens. Cost les than a new body.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
Like the others have said, if you want to see a real increase in the quality of your photos a wide angle lense like a Tokina 11-16 or Tamron 10-24 will make a huge difference. Exploring photography without a wide angle lense is like exploring with one arm tied behind your back really.

If you really do want a new body then ask yourself why? I used the same body for 7-8 years and it was well 'out of date', still worked just fine tho. Only changed due to damaging it (and maybe a slight desire for video capability) If theres a clear cut reason why you want a better one then fine but if its just because you think having a new camera will make your photos better then think again.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
There's plenty of people out there using D40, 350D, 400D etc. Even the D90 is 'old' nowadays, but there's no reason to upgrade them unless you are going full frame really - and you don't want to be doing that until you're at the limits of your crop sensor, which in most cases is never.

Fudge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
And if you are wanting to go full frame like mentioned above I have a 5D2 I'd consider selling as it doesn't really get used.

xMatherZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Like the others have said, if you want to see a real increase in the quality of your photos a wide angle lense like a Tokina 11-16 or Tamron 10-24 will make a huge difference. Exploring photography without a wide angle lense is like exploring with one arm tied behind your back really.

If you really do want a new body then ask yourself why? I used the same body for 7-8 years and it was well 'out of date', still worked just fine tho. Only changed due to damaging it (and maybe a slight desire for video capability) If theres a clear cut reason why you want a better one then fine but if its just because you think having a new camera will make your photos better then think again.
Would this be suitable/ any good? http://www.jessops.com/online.store...M9R_j0qmHAw-ICqVnNaMweWNlWHlb7lUs3RoCxwPw_wcB

xMatherZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep I'm on a budget at the moment, but its good to know where to go next, my first step would probably be to the cheaper canon lens I linked and then step up to the tokina.