28DL Regular User
Constructed between 1875 and 1876, this is the third Welsh Calvinist chapel to have been built in Newtown. Designed by the famous Liverpool architect Richard Owens, and built at a cost of £2300, the chapel was constructed in the gothic style. The front elevation is in squared masonry and sandstone dressings with a central door and two buttresses to the main gable (from which spirelets have been removed). The remainder is in yellow brick beneath a slated roof to a tiled ridge. It probably seated about 450 people but is now in a sad state of disrepair, the holes in the roof have lead to some major rot to one side of the building.