real time web analytics
Report - - Bethel Quarry, Bradford-on-Avon - April 2015 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bethel Quarry, Bradford-on-Avon - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TallRich

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Everyone, I know there has been an influx of posts on Bethel over the last couple of days, but I wanted to share too, so I've tried to ensure that every shot here is different to the others already posted.

I had a great trip with @Oort and @Bertie Bollockbrains , thanks for inviting me along guys!

First the obligatory history bit :D

Bethel Quarry was mainly used as a mushroom farm - the road names were allocated by the Agaric Mushroom company, however it was requisitioned for use as Admiralty Storage in October 1939. Bethel was primarily used for storage of RDF and electronic fire-control equipment, however was found inadequate for this task, and therefore most of it's stores were moved to Copenacre when construction was completed at the end of 1942.

At the end of the war the quarry was quickly de-commissioned and returned to mushroom cultivation until the business closed down in the mid 1990's.

Again please take note of the warning on OT's report regarding the recent incident.

Now onto the pics!

1)
WuNEm47.jpg

2)
UcyMXPn.jpg

3)
Qas1U2F.jpg

4)
A7QYLut.jpg

5)
UFRunQ8.jpg

6)
6B3RZnb.jpg

7)
0OxwiIk.jpg

8)
MEknSoe.jpg

9)
dA8jkQI.jpg

10)
vhNm8KR.jpg

11)
OrC5zGr.jpg

12)
j9mkoIP.jpg

13)
ktrvHWj.jpg

14)
FbwUjAl.jpg

15)
13Ze4QQ.jpg

16)
QWasLMu.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Yeah you were well pissed off when you noticed! still you got some good shots there mate! Was a fun little wander that was.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
I think if was you that we bumped into while down there. If so then nice to meet you guys. Sorry for freaking you guys out a bit :thumb

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
You too mate! No worries, the distinct lack of 'hey you' when you saw our torches was a bit of a relief though :cool:

TallRich

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think if was you that we bumped into while down there. If so then nice to meet you guys. Sorry for freaking you guys out a bit :thumb
Yeah, there's nothing quite like coming round a corner and seeing torches in the distance to get the heart pumping! Good to meet you guys too, I'm sure we'll bump into each other again one day!