real time web analytics
Report - - Bethel Quarry - Bradford-on-Avon - March 15 | Mines and Quarries | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bethel Quarry - Bradford-on-Avon - March 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

flatcap

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry. didn't see any glasses.
What exactly happened with the baseball bat guy then?

The 3 of us went in planning to camp there for the night, so we found a suitable spot and ditched our stuff. A 4th person (who I hadn't met before) was due to meet us an hour later, so we had a wander around before heading back down toward the gate to meet him. As we got back onto the main tunnel, we saw a torch close to the gate probably about 80 yards away. Assuming it to be the guy we were camping with, we flashed a torch at him. This figure then legged it straight towards us, I just assumed he was happy to see Trog again and thought nothing of it. When he got within a few yards he shouted something and still under the assumption the guy was Trog's mate I just smiled at him. At that point he hit me with something in the side of the head and I went down like a sack of shit. My headtorch had been smashed to bits and my glasses had gone flying, my ear was ringing but my helmet had done its job.

It took me a second or two to get my bearings and in that time he'd got Trog and Peach on the floor and was laying a few good hits into Trog with his baseball bat while asking questions about how we'd heard of the place. He demanded some money for his broken gate and eventually we convinced him that we'd walked in and caused no damage. He marched us to the entrance and let us go. Me and Trog stood by the road for a short while deciding what to do about our bags that we'd left at the far end of the quarry. Unwilling to leave our cameras behind we then went and explained to the angry man with the bat that my keys were in my bag, and he (surprisingly) agreed to walk us to go get them. Peach stayed outside while me and Trog went back in. The walk was fucking awkward as he was still asking loads of questions and didn't like it if we didn't answer immediately. We got our gear, walked back and got out just as our 4th guy showed up. We headed for the nearest pub and nursed a pint.

The guy seemed to know the place really well, if he wasn't the owner my guess is that he might have worked there at some point.

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
Apart from you lot getting battered, the real shame is that between the four of you, you would have beaten the shit out of that asshole.

Official quote: 'The man kept coming at us and wouldn't stop, we all feared for our lives so acted in self defence and used as least force possible to make him desist his attack'.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Got a lot of time for you lot and understand for wanting to get away etc, but I think your all crazy for not reporting this as if you hadn't been wearing a lid you could have been eating through a straw rest of your life or worse!

It's beyond wrong being attacked like that, I'd still consider having a word

boomtown1

Banned
Banned
Well I've just been there still wide open, electric still on
definetly seemed like there was eyes on the place, don't ask me why, sometimes you can just get a feeling, something didn't feel right anyway and as I was on a solo I only had a brief visit

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Let's put this to bed now as tedious, not good that trogs & co. were slapped about, nobody knows who that clown was either way, they weren't prepared to ring it in and the place is still wide open

.As you were :)