real time web analytics
Information - - Bidston Hill, Wirral - Mill, Observatory & Lighthouse - Feb 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Bidston Hill, Wirral - Mill, Observatory & Lighthouse - Feb 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ChanVal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I made my way to Bidston Hill yesterday on the recommendation of a report I saw on here. What a gorgeous place! The whole land was bought on the condition that it would be kept for public use and enjoyment, which is upheld today. The buildings date from the 1800s. No interior exploration as the mill is sealed tight (but it is open to the public from April so I will definitely be going back). The observatory and lighthouse were occupied, so they were a no go too. The views from the hill are spectacular, you can see out across the Irish Sea, or can look across to Liverpool. Definitely recommend as a place to visit with your kids if you enjoy exploring with them (which is what I did).

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Moved to other site reports section and removed last few pics as they were duplicated.

Welcome along all the same.. :thumb

Also I’m sure the post edit pics would have been ok here, the pics look a bit over cooked to me

ChanVal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the welcome ❤️ I didn't realise the pictures had duplicated.
I'm a visual artist, so it's not over cooking, it's just my art form. I share my images across my social media, not just here :) It's literally just HD and contrastive application to the original image. I like to show the beauty of the buildings, like the brickwork etc.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Thanks for the welcome ❤ I didn't realise the pictures had duplicated.
I'm a visual artist, so it's not over cooking, it's just my art form. I share my images across my social media, not just here :) It's literally just HD and contrastive application to the original image. I like to show the beauty of the buildings, like the brickwork etc.

Fair enough but looks like OTT HDR to me.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
contrastive application
Semantics. Dynamic range is the ratio of light to dark in a photograph, ie contrast. If that's what you want to do to your photos, that's fine with us, but 28 is about showing what buildings look like and what's left.
I like to show the beauty of the buildings, like the brickwork etc
Sorry to be harsh, but that's not what you're showing. These images are what you think / wished a place should have looked like.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Always nice to see something from the Wirral, at certain times of the year they open the windmill and you can climb up inside, worth keeping an eye open in the local papers.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Ok go easy on the OP, we've seen a lot worse HDR attempts on here and it's an interesting structure.

Please do have a read of the guide posted earlier though so you understand how things work here :thumb

ChanVal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lol, some people are pretty full of themselves on here my pictures I can do what I fucking like. Don't like it, swerve it. I like a hyper-real sky and bright colours, so what? The building hasn't changed.

ChanVal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok go easy on the OP, we've seen a lot worse HDR attempts on here and it's an interesting structure.

Please do have a read of the guide posted earlier though so you understand how things work here :thumb
Some people are well full of themselves I did a quick job on my phone on a train home and they're acting like I'm Hitler or something. Crazy people. I'm a surrealist and I like hyper-real it and bright colours. I'm not going to apologise for that, or change what I do.
Tbf, quite a few of people on here are of the same attitude from what I've seen. Don't think I'll be using this forum much anymore. It's less a community more a people talking down to each other and trying to "out do" each other.
Thanks to you for being supportive though x

ChanVal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Too late I'm done already. Imagine being that upset because the sky is a little bluer than they would like. As for "calling bullshit" on me wanting to show the brickwork - maybe they should visit the place themselves and see that unedited photos really don't do the place justice. But I slapped a HD filter and some contrast application on there...string me up, Lol, nuts. How do I go about deleting my account please?

Who has read this thread (Total: 395) View details