real time web analytics
Question - - Big Camera for Quality or Small Camera For Mobility? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Big Camera for Quality or Small Camera For Mobility?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

explorer62

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks guys for all of your answers.

I unfortunately despise bridge camera's with a passion so that's a no go zone for me. Both canon and Nikon do some awesome compacts that far out perform most Bridge camera's and I'm not one for unnecessary zoom.

I'm currently looking at a Canon G series or Canon EOS M. Perhaps we can overcome focusing in dark situations by using a good torch? I'd much prefer a viewfinder to a screen I must admit. A hot shoe mount would be good, and you could use the focusing beam on a standard canon flash for focusing in low light.

I have an Eos-m and fooking love it. So small and light but still an ASP-C sized sensor. The lenses are also small and light and optically good. When exploring I either use this or my Eos 650D, which itself isn't that heavy. I loved my G10 but size matters so the Eos-m with it's larger sensor wins hands down for me.

sidibear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I lug around the 6D for events, club stuff and studio work and a Fuji XT10 for the rest of time. Small, light works great and is an all round cracking bit of kit.

Aaron89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I use a Sony a6000, which to be honest for exploring I love. Reasonably small and light, and pretty decent pictures.
I would personally rather that than lug a big camera around, but their is pro's and cons for either. You are rarely going to get the best of both worlds from one camera. It's about deciding which of your needs are more important.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
650D+Tamron 10-24 SP topside, Sony A6000+Samyang 12 F2 for underground. Both produce excellent quality photos.

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Fuji XT1 Mirrorless camera and a Samyang 12mm lens what I used and its really good. Fairly small and not very heavy.

hoix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just have a Sony HX60 that my dad has but doesn't use, but I plan on buying a mirrorless camera - my friend uses a Sony a5100 and the photos from them turn out much better, and he only paid £170 with the standard 50mm lens (It was preowned and an absolute bargain)

Mexplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I personally use a Canon 5dii with 50mm 1.8 it's a big camera and can get heavy but I love full frame and 50mm is my style of photography. I've got it on a shoulder strap which makes it easier to carry but also if I need to lower it down to somewhere I can easily. I also have a big light thing which attaches to the flash gun connector on the top of my camera so frees up my other hand. I also have a Canon 100d which produces some nice photos, I hardly ever use but that's tiny compared to the 5d.

It's all about preference, do you want to spend out more money for a smaller body when you have a perfectly good working camera already?

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I take both lol, so not really helpful to your question lol. I like my big camera & setting up etc when ive time, but a small one for pocket and opportunities lol. My ruck has to carry tripods, lens, X3 lol, extra batteries, extra sims, small tripod, big camera and lens, small camera, head torch, gloves, and various other bits, so I still lug even when ive packed light :eek: