real time web analytics
Report - - Billericay ROC Feb '16 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Billericay ROC Feb '16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mad Manx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep its now all been destroyed. Just kidding! It's locked and the site is on public property, but you can observe from the road or the public footpath. You go up Rectory Road and park outside St Mary the Virgin church. Wald down about 20 yards to a public footpath sign and go down that. It is just on the left.

The post is locked heavily but the external features are perfect. She has a fresh coat of paint and the vents have now got protective cover on them. The BPI thingy out the ground id fine, but this can only be seen in winter when it has all died back. Winter visits are recommended if you don't like nettles or actually want to see most of the post. The interior, I assume, is fine as it has always been locked like it is now since the sub brit review. Overall this is a pristine post.

Mad Manx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No soz but later in the year I'll get some on my next report. My phone happened to go for a swim afterwards. BTW I forgot to post this: I think I saw a phone number near it that might be the owners but I didn't ring it at the time. That may be a useful thing if you're out exploring it tho :)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
This link will take you to a page on our site which explains all about the site and has a map giving the exact position.
http://www.billericayhistory.org.uk/page/billericays_cold_war_secret?path=0p2p

There are a couple of other articles on the site from people who manned the post and its above ground predecessor which was about a mile away in open countryside (no longer any sign of this).

The internal picture captioned 'Interior in 1997, the ventilation pump and BPI dial can still be seen' - that's not the dial, that's the mount for the dial. Also, that's not the ventilation pump, it's a water pump.

camoe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The internal picture captioned 'Interior in 1997, the ventilation pump and BPI dial can still be seen' - that's not the dial, that's the mount for the dial. Also, that's not the ventilation pump, it's a water pump.

makes me sick lol