real time web analytics
Report - - Billinge hospital, January 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Billinge hospital, January 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Not much left of the hospital now ( where I was born) houses now been built but still worth a look..

Billinge Hospital was originally founded in 1837 as a Wigan Poor Law Union hospital and workhouse.[1] Mental Health services are still available

Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan,[2][3] parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire .

In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan.[4] Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital.

In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.

In April 2010, only two buildings stand which are due to be demolished soon as more houses are being built on the site of the former hospital.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Re: Billinge hospital January 2015

Mate, can you add some pics? Video's should always be complimentary to the pics and not just on their own.

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Re: Billinge hospital January 2015

On photobucket do I use direct ...image ... Or.. Url

Lavino

28DL Full Member
CDEF9A9D-2BEF-431D-BA65-22A24853D1E1.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You really need to delete these pics mate. Go back into the FAQ"s and read up on whatever picture hosting service you use and then upload your pic links with a gap between (normally medium size) rather than Mega size single images ;)

You can leave mine on though lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details